+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,099

    Latest Mock with Shrine done with and Sr Bowl practices done with...

    I do a weekly mock durning the season, and a few after , and this would be my latest with Shrine outta the way and the Sr Bowl practices also outta the Way.. If i had it my way, we'd trade for extra picks becuase the draft is loaded with underclassmen and theres 2 ex picks in rd 2 with browns and saints not having picks(bountygate and supplamental draft).. So here it goes...



    1). Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia- Dynamic playmaker with speed and athletic abiity to die for.. Prior expiernce as S can only help football perspective and team clearly got better when he returned.. Good in coverege, and really only lacks in disengaging, but uses other means to stop runners...

    2). Datone Jones DE UCLA- Seems like perfect fit to replace Tuck.. Would be meance against run, and should be able to slide inside in exotic pass rush schemes.. Could use a bit more array of pass rush moves, but will overpower lineman for decent amount of sacks..

    3). Bacarri Rambo S Georgia- I love this kid, and his overall talent. First rd talent in rd 3, becuase of off field issues he dealt with at GA.. This is one of the kids i could see making probowl taken outside first 2 rds(if he makes it this far).. Adept at creating turnovers weather its a pick or forced fumble..

    4). Brian Winters OT/G Kent St- I've liked this kid for along time, so naturally i got excited when Gmen interviewed him this past wk, and i think Reese would be excited about his versatility and toughness... Impressive player on tape..

    5). Micah Hyde CB Iowa- I would be estatic if he made it this far, and if he does, i think the giants would be happy to get em.. Reminds me alot of Terrell Thomas with ability against the run and size, with what seems to be long arms... Could be able to play some safety as well..

    6). Kerwynn Williams RB Utah St- A dynamic playmaker at Utah St, Williams killed it by running the ball and catching it, and could be a great weapon on 3rd downs and as a duo back with David Wilson going forward.. Also has return capabilities and did well in pass block drills at Shrine week...

    7). Tanner Hawkinson OT Kansas- Alot of expierence and at one time was perdicted to go pretty high in draft.. Could end up being a late rd steal, and possibly a RT or G on the pro level.. Reminds me a bit of last yrs boise St draft pick, Nate Potter...

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,854
    Zero interest in a linebacker in the first round. CB DE DT OT, if noone of value is there then we have to trade back.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Zero interest in a linebacker in the first round. CB DE DT OT, if noone of value is there then we have to trade back.
    Who would you like in the 1st round? Just curious. And if we were to draft a LB, OG, S, or RB, what rounds would be good for that?

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,854
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Who would you like in the 1st round? Just curious. And if we were to draft a LB, OG, S, or RB, what rounds would be good for that?
    Id be happy with richardson banks okafor rhodes mingo ansah maybe lane johnson. There's obviously potential for an unexpected player to fall, and I'm not fully educated yet. Those names will change. As for your second question, I feel like bargains can be found at guard in fa, udfa 6th 7th round. If kp stays on board I think we're fine at safety, but if there was a top level safety in this draft then I'm not against using a first round pick on that position. Rb, a committee of guys from 4th rd to udfa. Lb, I would never draft a 2 down linebacker unless he had great st potential. Its just tough for us to take a lb in the first when we have needs at 4 out of the top 5 valued positions. Some player at one of those positions will hopefully fall to us.
    Last edited by Imgrate; 01-26-2013 at 03:17 PM.

  5. #5
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,099
    U should never limit yourself in a draft to not include every positon.. You'd of missed out on Patrick Willis and Junior Seau and Lawerence Taylor and so on and so fourth just because u have zero interest in LB's in 1st...

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,854
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    U should never limit yourself in a draft to not include every positon.. You'd of missed out on Patrick Willis and Junior Seau and Lawerence Taylor and so on and so fourth just because u have zero interest in LB's in 1st...
    Lt was a pass rusher. Fiscally speaking you should never take a position that doesnt make a lot of money in the first round. You want as many good, cheap players at high cost positions as possible. That way you have cap saved to spend on top players at cheaper positions like guard and linebacker. Additionally, if the draft pick at a high cost position turns into a great player, generally speaking you can get them at a cheaper long term deal as opposed to an equivalent player in FA. Now, disregard the fiscal reasons. We have one reliable corner, one reliable de, and two reliable dts, one reliable ot that is a fa! These are the positions you need talent at and we have very little.

  7. #7
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Lt was a pass rusher. Fiscally speaking you should never take a position that doesnt make a lot of money in the first round. You want as many good, cheap players at high cost positions as possible. That way you have cap saved to spend on top players at cheaper positions like guard and linebacker. Additionally, if the draft pick at a high cost position turns into a great player, generally speaking you can get them at a cheaper long term deal as opposed to an equivalent player in FA. Now, disregard the fiscal reasons. We have one reliable corner, one reliable de, and two reliable dts, one reliable ot that is a fa! These are the positions you need talent at and we have very little.
    Huh? If u awesome, ur gonna get paid, end of story.. THeres just as many stars coming outta rd 2 as there is RD 1, where u can easily grab a need positon or 2 in 2nd and 3rd rd, while taking BPA in RD 1, even if its not a positon u think is as critical.. I for one know that LB is killing this team, as they dont make plays, they don't cover especially well, they don't rush the passer, and they miss a ton of tackles.. I don't know what u need to see, to realize how important LB is? Especially when u don't have anything special across the board at LB... A couple decent guys , thats about it..

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,854
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Huh? If u awesome, ur gonna get paid, end of story.. THeres just as many stars coming outta rd 2 as there is RD 1, where u can easily grab a need positon or 2 in 2nd and 3rd rd, while taking BPA in RD 1, even if its not a positon u think is as critical.. I for one know that LB is killing this team, as they dont make plays, they don't cover especially well, they don't rush the passer, and they miss a ton of tackles.. I don't know what u need to see, to realize how important LB is? Especially when u don't have anything special across the board at LB... A couple decent guys , thats about it..
    Awesome dl players get paid more than awesome Weakside linebackers. There's not just as many stars in rd 2as rd 1.

  9. #9
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Awesome dl players get paid more than awesome Weakside linebackers. There's not just as many stars in rd 2as rd 1.
    Think about how many undercalassmen that come out and would of been 1st rders had they gone back to school.. In essence ur getting a 1st rder a yr early in rd 2or3.. It happens every yr.

  10. #10
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,914
    I don't know anything about the kid, but I would love us to have a safety named Rambo!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts