+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaun Rogers

Shaun Rogers

Given some of our issues on the D line do you think the Giants would want to consider brining back Shaun Rogers this year? Would he be a good replacement for someone like Rocky Bernard?

From BBI:

Shaun Rogers
    was placed on Injured Reserve in August 2012 with a blood clot. The Giants signed Rogers as an unrestricted free agent in April 2012. Rogers was originally drafted in the 2nd round of the 2001 NFL Draft by the Detroit Lions. In 11 NFL seasons, Rogers has played for the Lions (2001-07), Browns, (2008-10), and Saints (2011). He was voted to the Pro Bowl in 2004, 2005, and 2008. Rogers is a huge, powerful player. In his prime, he was a very strong run defender who could also push the pocket on the pass rush. However, he is nearing the end of his career. He started four games for the Saints in 2011 and finished with just 22 tackles and no sacks. Amazingly, Rogers has blocked 14 field goal attempts in his career.

All-Pro
    He is an option... but I doubt he does much more than provide depth... he certainly isn't going to crack the starting lineup
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

He's a little long in the tooth, imo. That is the current problem with our d-line as it is. I would rather bring in some youth.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    He's a little long in the tooth, imo. That is the current problem with our d-line as it is. I would rather bring in some youth.
    +1 we have enough old guys already, we need some younger players.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    This.

Rather move on with a younger DT.
    We Want 5!

All-Pro
    lets get Austin either going on the DL or going out the doot. Kuhn will be back too.
    Rodgers may get a shot and why not....for depth that woul dbe OK.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I think Rogers would have been in the starting lineup in 2012 because he was playing with the first-teamers in preseason, but injury came knocking on the door...

whether it be Shaun Rogers or somebody else like him we definitely need a good run stuffing DT...

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    lets get Austin either going on the DL or going out the doot. Kuhn will be back too.
    Rodgers may get a shot and why not....for depth that woul dbe OK.
    Not crazy about the fact that our options are a draft bust and a 7th round project coming off an ACL tear. This position is a need position in the draft.

+ Reply to Thread