+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you had a choice at #19

If you had a choice at #19

Hypothetically speaking if olgatree is there also Ezekiel ansah who do you think jr will choose it is possible that they both are on the board at 19. We need new pass rushing muscle and we also need more athletic MLB u think Reese will pull a blockbuster job on the line type trade to land both these guys it would fill holes immediately .gimme ya thoughts giants nation

I think Reese would go for Ansah.. He values DEs over LBs

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I think Reese would go for Ansah.. He values DEs over LBs
    This
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Outta those 2, I think he takes Olgatree.
    We Want 5!

I watched Ansah "highlights" and I'm not really impressed. It looked to me that he is slow off the ball, and if so, he will be driven back off LOS in pros.

Okafor

Seriously though, a developed Ogletree would probably fit this defense better than Ansah who is looking more like a 3-4 DE in the NFL with his lack of pass rushing capabilities to circle around the edge. He could still make a good 4-3 DE but he looks more like a run stopper at that position than a pass rushing beast.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by keyofgmen View Post
    I watched Ansah "highlights" and I'm not really impressed. It looked to me that he is slow off the ball, and if so, he will be driven back off LOS in pros.
    exactly, I don't know what all the hype is about.

I'm not sure who will pan out better in the NFL, but I would have to think that JR goes for Ansah simply because he loves DE's....and this time DE is actually a position of dire need

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    I'm not sure who will pan out better in the NFL, but I would have to think that JR goes for Ansah simply because he loves DE's....and this time DE is actually a position of dire need
    I believe we would be wasting our first round pick with Ansah. Way too many question marks to be taken at that point. I don't think DE is "of dire need" at this moment. What would you call our LB position then? Life support? Ogletree is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    I believe we would be wasting our first round pick with Ansah. Way too many question marks to be taken at that point. I don't think DE is "of dire need" at this moment. What would you call our LB position then? Life support? Ogletree is the way to go.
    I guess we won't know for sure until he plays in the NFL, and we also won't know for sure about what position is of more need until we see what we do with Osi and what happens with Tuck. I'd say our DE situation is a mess right now.

Our linebackers are another problem too but we seem to neglect it and still manage to somewhat get by. I'm just predicting what JR will do, not what I think he should do. Based on how much this team values pressure from the front 4 I would have to say my best guess is he goes for a DE.

I do think however, if the BPA is OL, DE, DT, LB, or CB, take them. I don't think anyone saw us getting Prince, if we find ourselves in another situation like that I say by all means, get the BPA.

+ Reply to Thread