+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52
  1. #31
    All-Pro JJC7301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    5,086
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsacks View Post
    Hypothetically speaking if olgatree is there also Ezekiel ansah who do you think jr will choose it is possible that they both are on the board at 19. We need new pass rushing muscle and we also need more athletic MLB u think Reese will pull a blockbuster job on the line type trade to land both these guys it would fill holes immediately .gimme ya thoughts giants nation
    Ansah at # 19, but if he does well at the combines, then he could move up to top 15. I don't like big blockbuster trades unless it's for a QB (which we don't need). I like Ogletree, but I'd rather have Ansah.

  2. #32
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,860
    I wouldnt be mad either way, but I would lean Ogletree because IMO he is less of a risk. Ansah is a proect much like JPP was. Will he be like JPP, he could. But he also might not.

    Personally I think Reese would go Ansah over Ogletree because of what happened with JPP and the fact that Reese has won 2 SBs without a superstar LB.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=144536&dateline=14121  66338

  3. #33
    Veteran myles2424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    4,518
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I wouldnt be mad either way, but I would lean Ogletree because IMO he is less of a risk. Ansah is a proect much like JPP was. Will he be like JPP, he could. But he also might not.

    Personally I think Reese would go Ansah over Ogletree because of what happened with JPP and the fact that Reese has won 2 SBs without a superstar LB.
    I'd rather Ogletree than Ansah, but wouldn't be mad with him....I think some other DEs will have to have nice combines while ansah has a average day in order for him to be around at 19......
    But,we should assume the 1st round pick to be something other than what everyone's expecting, it always is...
    Im going to start my Elam,Lane Johnson,Kawan short homework...

  4. #34
    Why all this big talk about DE's and LB? We absolutely NEED, above everything else, an OT that can start week 1. Once Eli doesn't have to worry about Diehl giving up pressure on every play, he will be able to have some actual time in the pocket and throw those highly accurate passes as opposed to forced picks.

    If Lane Johnson is still there at 19 then we better jump on that. That said, I don't see him being there at 19.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Why all this big talk about DE's and LB? We absolutely NEED, above everything else, an OT that can start week 1. Once Eli doesn't have to worry about Diehl giving up pressure on every play, he will be able to have some actual time in the pocket and throw those highly accurate passes as opposed to forced picks.

    If Lane Johnson is still there at 19 then we better jump on that. That said, I don't see him being there at 19.
    Some may think we could find a FA or a decent option later in the draft. Then there's also defense wins championships, and ours is speeding downhill.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Why all this big talk about DE's and LB? We absolutely NEED, above everything else, an OT that can start week 1. Once Eli doesn't have to worry about Diehl giving up pressure on every play, he will be able to have some actual time in the pocket and throw those highly accurate passes as opposed to forced picks.

    If Lane Johnson is still there at 19 then we better jump on that. That said, I don't see him being there at 19.
    Your last sentence pretty much explains that issue with the lack of discussion of a 1st round OT going to this team. Behind QBs and pass rushers, OT prospects who can offer good potential to play on the blind side are highly drafted and it's very possible (more probable) that Joeckel, Fisher, and Lane are all taken before our pick. No pure RTs are worthy of the selection and since our defense took a noticeable decline in 2012, people are concerned about the future of our front 7.

  7. #37
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,024
    There is no team better at evaluating pass rushers than the Giants. I can't remember the last time that they struck out on one in the draft.

    Therefore, I think that if they take a DE in the first, there is a high probability that he will be a good player for us.

  8. #38
    Veteran myles2424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    4,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Why all this big talk about DE's and LB? We absolutely NEED, above everything else, an OT that can start week 1. Once Eli doesn't have to worry about Diehl giving up pressure on every play, he will be able to have some actual time in the pocket and throw those highly accurate passes as opposed to forced picks.

    If Lane Johnson is still there at 19 then we better jump on that. That said, I don't see him being there at 19.
    This argument can be used both ways, what good is a improved offense if our Defense gets worse?
    It seems logical to me, we wont realy have $$ to add any impactful player on D,infact we may lose some...So if you subtract,not add,seems hard to imagine theyll magically improve....

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    I'd rather Ogletree than Ansah, but wouldn't be mad with him....I think some other DEs will have to have nice combines while ansah has a average day in order for him to be around at 19......
    But,we should assume the 1st round pick to be something other than what everyone's expecting, it always is...
    Im going to start my Elam,Lane Johnson,Kawan short homework...
    I'm really worried about Ansah's combine. The dude ran a 10.9 100m!! That's unbelievable.

  10. #40
    Veteran myles2424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    4,518
    Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    I'm really worried about Ansah's combine. The dude ran a 10.9 100m!! That's unbelievable.
    With a good combine,throw away the idea of Ansah...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts