+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Marcus Lattimore

If Lattimore is on the board during our 3rd round selection. I say we pick him up.

Worst case scenario he turns out to be another AB.

Best case scenario, he turns into the complimentary back with DW and AB, or trade-bait.

I'm probably going to get crucified for this post. I would go for this pick assuming we pick up Okafor in the 1st and Brown in the second.

My Mock would be

1st-Okafor
    2nd- Arthur Brown
    3rd- Marcus Lattimore

I was waiting for this thread...in a good way

Starter
    I wouldn't touch him before the 5th. He's had multiple severe knee injuries so it's too risky.

It is no secret that Jerry Reese loves his projects. This could potentially be his best project because of the medium-risk high reward potential.

Heres a list of all the 3rd round picks under Reese.

2007-Jay Alford
    2008-Mario Manningham
    2009-Ramses Barden
    2010-Chad Jones
    2011-Jerrel Jerrinigan
    2012-Jayron Hosley

Sooo... based on this track record. If Lattimore was available in the 3rd round. It would coincide with our past draft picks

A few RBs have seen their stock rise recently so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if other teams explore other options way before Lattimore at RB. Someone probably takes a chance on him in the late 4th to early 5th round range.

Much higher than Medium risk that knee injury looked career finishing

Veteran
    Don't think its worth it to this team to take him in the 3rd. The reason you draft a rb in the first place is to get a guy with fresh legs because they typically don't last long. Lattimore is damaged goods at a the worst position possible to have accrued injuries at.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Much higher than Medium risk that knee injury looked career finishing
    yup.. that was a scary looking injury

I don't know if its the dislocated knee that I'm worried about. While it is a serious injury, it is a freak injury but recovery in most dislocated knees go well and the knees usually return to normal. While Lattimore may have the "damaged-goods" moniker attached to him, Adrian Peterson also had multiple ACL injuries in college. I'm not comparing the two players but rather their injuries.

I stand by my assertion that Lattimore would be a solid pick in the 3rd round. Bottom line, he will recover and he will play at one point. By taking him in the 3rd we could let him rest for a year and recover without having to pay him too much.
    Last edited by teaneck; 01-26-2013 at 11:37 AM.