+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Still think he is a more natural fit at 3-4 myself but he can be a really good 4-3 DE too. Just don't think he is the guy who will get 15+ sacks like you would expect from a highly drafted 4-3 DE. More around 7-12 sacks a season while providing elite run support.
    he may be better off as a 3-4 end. I think he is like Coples. He will be a better pass rusher against Guards. U stunt him or line him up inside on 3rd down. I think he will play the run Day 1

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Still think he is a more natural fit at 3-4 myself but he can be a really good 4-3 DE too. Just don't think he is the guy who will get 15+ sacks like you would expect from a highly drafted 4-3 DE. More around 7-12 sacks a season while providing elite run support.
    I have read that he is not so great in run support especially on the edge,,and he lacks technique and stamina,,fatigues very easily,,,true? as per NFL.com

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Well NFL Scouts do
    based solely on what he could be not what he is,,,as long as it's not ours I am fine with that, pass.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    I have read that he is not so great in run support especially on the edge,,and he lacks technique and stamina,,fatigues very easily,,,true? as per NFL.com
    You guys have to realize that he is so new to football. He used to play basketball and ran track primarily so one would assume his body is still adjusting to handling the load of a game with a huge amount of snaps. He's not going to come in on day 1 and own the league. Probably show some flashes and then maybe he becomes a force in year 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    I love how U take what they write as the word of god and than ignore that they compare him to,Jason Taylor who was maybe the best DE of the 2000's

Quote Originally Posted by JSpin View Post
    Exactly. People are blinded by the JPP comparisons. Ansah hasn't produced anything on the field and only has 4.5 more sacks in college than me! lol
    Riddle me this...Who had only 4 sacks in his only season as a collge starter before blowing up at the Senior bowl and eventually being selected in the first round?....Clay Matthews

STRENGTHS Combination of size, length, and foot speed is nearly unparalleled. Delivers solid first contact that jolts opponent back. Continues to press and locate ball carriers in the backfield. Consistently sheds at the line of scrimmage, envelopes his target with a strong grasp and outstanding closing burst. Flashes the complete package, specifically when rushing from the edge on passing downs. When lining up inside a natural anchor shows up, helped by low pad level off the snap. Burst off of extension is counter move, gains significant ground on target. Obvious coaching on technique is absorbed and implemented.
    WEAKNESSES Has admitted to a lack of stamina. Fatigue is noticeable after a few plays of rushing the passer. In those circumstances, does not chase the play down from the backside, instead staying at the line of scrimmage to knock down the pass. Technique is not always there, specifically on the edge against the run. Frequently gives up the wrong arm or shoulder to blockers, takes himself out of the play. Hand fights at the line against the run rather than driving or penetrating to disrupt. A hit or miss player on the field but consistency is growing.
    NFL COMPARISON Jason Taylor
    BOTTOM LINE It is amazing how far Ansah’s technique has come in such a short amount of time, not to mention how much he has transformed his body to fit the role coaches want him to play. That sizable frame coupled with outstanding closing speed and natural power will captivate many, making a top-20 selection possible. Ansah is rough around the edges, but the number of height/weight/speed athletes with positional versatility selected in that area in recent years point to a rise up draft boards
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-26-2013 at 08:02 PM.

Whats funny everything negative is correctable with coaching. The positives like size ,length foot speed is unparalleled U cant coach that.

This is what is important

1. PHYSICAL Attributes
    2. Coachable
    3. Motor

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    Jordan Poyer is a guy look at too..
    I've had em ranked 2nd in personal rankings ahead of guys rated higher for sometimes now... A true athlets, as he was a baseball player at Org St as well, he makes plays on the ball, has ST value as returner, and can run with any WR in the league, and has great instincts..

Who is the last guy to have no negatives anyway? Andrew Luck?