+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 214
  1. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Dion Jordan is probably the only guy in the draft I'd say doesn't have a natural position. You could easily stick Jones in a 4-3 on the edge or a 3-4 taking advantage of guards in passing situations. Lots of defenses these days switch between the two schemes more often than they did in the past and versatile Dlinemen have seen their stock increase as a result.

    I think when scouts say they don't know where to use a player just sort of translates into "we're too lazy to make this kid work" Just my two cents though.
    Dion Jordan is a very hard player to project. Kinda of tough thing to say if this guy gains 30 pounds and learns how to rush the passer he can be a 4-3 end. A lot of people like him as a LB and I get it he is pretty fluid but how many LB's are that tall and play in space in the NFL. Its pretty neat to see a 6'6 DE line up as a Boundary corner but is that really going to be an option in the NFL. He is interesting but Im hoping the Giants go another way

  2. #172
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,588
    Wonder if the Giants would trade up into the top ten. What would it take to do so?

  3. #173
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Wonder if the Giants would trade up into the top ten. What would it take to do so?
    It'd be a bad idea, with 75underclassmen out there for the pickings.. SO many guys who are better then where there ranking say, but came out a yr early.. Trading away picks for anyone in this draft would be silly in my opinion. Just to many guys we don't know where they'd of been if they went back to school for another yr to go for 1guy, who could be a bust anyhow...

  4. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Wonder if the Giants would trade up into the top ten. What would it take to do so?
    2nd round pick to move up 9 spots

  5. #175
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Wonder if the Giants would trade up into the top ten. What would it take to do so?
    This draft really has no blue chip guys, strength of this draft is really the depth in the first three, possibly four, rounds.

  6. #176
    All-Pro tonyt830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenbrier, TN
    Posts
    7,615
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    No problem! Cool that Mauti is writing teams letting them know how much football means to em, ey? THat kid is worth a flier in mid rds, and u can tell how much he loves the game in his play on the field...
    Thanks for the write up nyc! I am starting to get into the offseason some a little more every day. I was kind of sour the way the last part of our season ended.

    But thats the past now, no reason to dwell on it. But I am not the best of mock drafters, I tend to overrate or underrate when I try to make mock drafts. I was impressed though with Trufant though yesterday. He showed some good hustle to catch that kid from SE Louisiana. I see that you mentioned that he may go in the 1st rd. I was thinking he would be a great 2nd rd pick, but from the way I read it, he may not be there when we draft on the 2nd.


    I think I heard Mayock mention yesterday that hypothetically Fisher made himself 4 million dollars this past week in Mobile. He was basing that on the difference in salaries between last years 10th pick(Gilmore) and the 20th pick(Wright).

    I would not be upset with taking Lane Johnson, Trufant in the later 1st rd or if lucky, when we select in the 2nd rd. Maybe the Giants can trade back from 19 and pick up an extra pick, 3rd maybe?
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

  7. #177
    Veteran myles2424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    4,503
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    Thanks for the write up nyc! I am starting to get into the offseason some a little more every day. I was kind of sour the way the last part of our season ended.

    But thats the past now, no reason to dwell on it. But I am not the best of mock drafters, I tend to overrate or underrate when I try to make mock drafts. I was impressed though with Trufant though yesterday. He showed some good hustle to catch that kid from SE Louisiana. I see that you mentioned that he may go in the 1st rd. I was thinking he would be a great 2nd rd pick, but from the way I read it, he may not be there when we draft on the 2nd.


    I think I heard Mayock mention yesterday that hypothetically Fisher made himself 4 million dollars this past week in Mobile. He was basing that on the difference in salaries between last years 10th pick(Gilmore) and the 20th pick(Wright).

    I would not be upset with taking Lane Johnson, Trufant in the later 1st rd or if lucky, when we select in the 2nd rd. Maybe the Giants can trade back from 19 and pick up an extra pick, 3rd maybe?
    I always thought Trufant was a 1st round pick & only thing that would've changed that would be a crappy combine.....I'm not sure why some thought we'd have a chance on him in the 3rd....I'm all for trading back if there's no clear cut BPA at 19

  8. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    I always thought Trufant was a 1st round pick & only thing that would've changed that would be a crappy combine.....I'm not sure why some thought we'd have a chance on him in the 3rd....I'm all for trading back if there's no clear cut BPA at 19
    I a havent watched enough of Trufant this year to say either way. I was thinking yesterday I havent watched enough Pac 12 besides Oregon this season. Im about to where Id like to be on UCLA. I like to see at least 6 games each season of a player

  9. #179
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,132
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    Thanks for the write up nyc! I am starting to get into the offseason some a little more every day. I was kind of sour the way the last part of our season ended.

    But thats the past now, no reason to dwell on it. But I am not the best of mock drafters, I tend to overrate or underrate when I try to make mock drafts. I was impressed though with Trufant though yesterday. He showed some good hustle to catch that kid from SE Louisiana. I see that you mentioned that he may go in the 1st rd. I was thinking he would be a great 2nd rd pick, but from the way I read it, he may not be there when we draft on the 2nd.


    I think I heard Mayock mention yesterday that hypothetically Fisher made himself 4 million dollars this past week in Mobile. He was basing that on the difference in salaries between last years 10th pick(Gilmore) and the 20th pick(Wright).

    I would not be upset with taking Lane Johnson, Trufant in the later 1st rd or if lucky, when we select in the 2nd rd. Maybe the Giants can trade back from 19 and pick up an extra pick, 3rd maybe?
    THanks my friend! Ya, actually tony, i mentioned Lane Johnson could go in the first and i thought Jordan Poyer was a borderline 1st rd pick(for basically this whole season), and as much as i liked Desmond Trufant, who i'd see a few times this yr, and really loved, ever since the stanford game, i never thought he was a 1st, just not as far down as most had em in the mid 3rd.. Hes made some money over the past wk though, thats for sure.. Should be slam dunk 2nd rder, with chance to go very early 2nd..

  10. #180
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,132
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    This draft really has no blue chip guys, strength of this draft is really the depth in the first three, possibly four, rounds.
    Agreed.. 75underclassmen with all the other Sr's, and u got a deep talented draft with tons of future 1st rd picks going in rds 2-4.. No way u can trade away valuable picks for guys who don't stand out, as being head and sholders above..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts