+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Nico could make a good future ST captain (I don't mean that in a degrading way) and a quality depth player but he just doesn't "pop" as a starter to me in the NFL.
    I was at the game and it seemed like he played a whole lot and was always around the ball. only made 3 solo and 1 assist but dont know if i totally agree on him. Lester seemed to be in a lot to but agree on his accessment.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Milner is a Stud and will not be there when we pick. if giants what him they will have to trade up

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Milner is a Stud and will not be there when we pick. if giants what him they will have to trade up

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    Nico looked god awful, he looked lost sometimes, he got caught up in the crowd and was unable to locate the ball carriers was not instinctual. He dropped himself to 5th round I believe, and like i said earlier in the post, makes a strong case for most on here why some are so high on minter.
    5th is where I had him mocked before this game. I'm not sure why it makes a case for Minter (who didn't play)... I think Minter would struggle just as bad as Nico in coverage. I think they'd both be good against the run and have big question marks in coverage. One you can just get much later. Minter is at least better at what they're both good at but I don't think Minter will really upgrade our defense enough to take him in the first like some have projected.

Turns out Nico Johnson was practicing and playing with a sports hernia. He was putting off surgery until after the senior bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    5th is where I had him mocked before this game. I'm not sure why it makes a case for Minter (who didn't play)... I think Minter would struggle just as bad as Nico in coverage. I think they'd both be good against the run and have big question marks in coverage. One you can just get much later. Minter is at least better at what they're both good at but I don't think Minter will really upgrade our defense enough to take him in the first like some have projected.
    plenty of scouts disagree with you about minter....

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    plenty of scouts disagree with you about minter....
    There are scouts saying Minter is good in coverage? Who?

Here's an analysis from NFL.com:

Weaknesses

Occasionally overruns misdirection and draw plays, gives up inside shoulder. Lacks desirable range in coverage because of lost ground when forced to open up hips, turn, and run. Fast enough in a straight line, but lateral speed may be a question. Despite good angles, likely won't win a foot race to the edge. Too flat footed on play action and misdirection, but at least that prohibits wasted steps. Does not show the quickness to get to screen as or soon after the ball arrives despite seeing it early on. Sees pass and reacts to it in coverage, but doesn't move any sooner. Bottom Line

He might only have one full season int he starting lineup, but Minter was easily the most consistent defender on a very talented LSU defense during the 2012 season. The junior fills lanes with force and takes great angles to work through trash while finishing tackles authoritatively. Some evaluators may have a concern with his lateral speed since Minter seemed to reach running backs with just enough time to spare, not to mention his tendency to lose ground when forced to open his hips and drop in coverage. Minter's toughness against the run, specifically between the tackles, and reliable angles will likely land him in the top 64 picks.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    There are scouts saying Minter is good in coverage? Who?
    was reffering to your assesment of him not being worth a 1st & being as bad as nico in coverage
    Last edited by myles2424; 01-29-2013 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    was reffering to your assesment of him not being worth a 1st & being as bad as nico in coverage
    Gotcha.. well, I'm sure there will be some that think he is worth a first round pick... and maybe he is for some defenses (and possibly ours).. I wouldn't be disappointed with him as a first round pick if some other guys were gone, I just don't think a MLB that is good against the run with bad hips is necessarily what we need the most. Like I said though, he is definitely REALLY good at what he does best and I've said many times I want a physical, intimidating linebacker in the middle and I do think Minter could be that. Just not sure he's the right guy for us at #19.