+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT James Brewer Reflects On The Season

OT James Brewer Reflects On The Season

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...a-73a3ad8b7e7b

"Q: What was the best team moment of the season?
    Brewer: I wouldn’t say one game in particular. There are several games where I think we kind of made statements – Philadelphia to end the season, Green Bay, San Fran, New Orleans, Carolina. I think those were games we really showed people why we were world champions last year. I thought those games really defined the team that we wanted to be.

Q: What was your best individual play of the year?
    Brewer: I would say against Carolina when it was really my first time getting out there during a regular-season game. We had some goal line plays and stuff and we scored on both of the goal line plays that we ran to my side. I think on the second one, they actually gave me some credit and stuff on a good block. So that was pretty cool. I got text messages about that. But then even though we didn’t do too well against Baltimore, but that was my birthday and I got in and was part of the last scoring drive that we had and that was legit going against starters to gain some game experience. I think I did very well, so I think that was big just to prove that I could do it and belong here.

Q: What is one play or game you could change?
    Brewer: I think that’s a tough question because there are so many plays and games where if we would have done this or scored here and then it could change the entire outcome of our season. So there’s not one play in particular or one game in particular. If anything, if we would have won one more division game. If we would have beat Philly in the first meeting or Dallas in the first meeting, it could be a completely different conversation than we’re having right now.

Q: What are your plans or goals for the offseason?
    Brewer: For me, a birthday gift I got was to go to Miami to see the Lakers play Miami. And the Lakers are my second favorite team next to the Pacers, so that’s pretty exciting. Other than that, I’ll be here training and getting better. "
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I saw this, and I think people have written Brewer off; but, I think he still has the potential to be a good lineman. When he did finally get into a couple games this year, he played pretty well. I wouldn't be too awefully surprised to see him starting at RT next year.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    I saw this, and I think people have written Brewer off; but, I think he still has the potential to be a good lineman. When he did finally get into a couple games this year, he played pretty well. I wouldn't be too awefully surprised to see him starting at RT next year.
    That is the armegeddon scenario for our team. He is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Next season we need better starters than we had this year AND we need better depth. If JR can pull that off, there is no room for Brewer.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    even worse was McCants...oh man was he bad in the pre-season. I thought Carr was gonna get killed lol . It's pretty bad that both Tackle prospects on the roster suck

Veteran
    He's never had a chance to show constistency, because David Diehl has been the best tackle in Football

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Next season we need better starters than we had this year AND we need better depth. If JR can pull that off, there is no room for Brewer.
    Completely agree

Funny how some are dissing brewer; at one time Beatty looked terrible too and look how that worked out. Give the kid a break as he learns and improves.

I can't take this Teddy Bear seriously.

Boothe and Beatty were the same way when they came here, good raw skills but had to work to develop their frames to compete at the pro level. The best case scenario is that he develops into a stud RT worst case we see the G'men draft an OT in the first or second round.

+ Reply to Thread