+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT James Brewer Reflects On The Season

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Boothe and Beatty were the same way when they came here, good raw skills but had to work to develop their frames to compete at the pro level. The best case scenario is that he develops into a stud RT worst case we see the G'men draft an OT in the first or second round.
    No, best case is OT in 1st or 2nd... because Brewer is so bad he can't even beat out Diehl... Beatty was just always injured, and Boothe was pretty much mediocre, not straight up BAD...
    Andre the Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    Funny how some are dissing brewer; at one time Beatty looked terrible too and look how that worked out. Give the kid a break as he learns and improves.
    We should aspire to MUCH better than Beatty who has now progressed to being just an adequate NFL player when he's not injured............... which is often..
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    We should aspire to MUCH better than Beatty who has now progressed to being just an adequate NFL player when he's not injured............... which is often..
    If I remember correctly Beatty was one of the better LT in the league. Not saying a stud but better than adequate. Some discount his play here.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    No, best case is OT in 1st or 2nd... because Brewer is so bad he can't even beat out Diehl... Beatty was just always injured, and Boothe was pretty much mediocre, not straight up BAD...
    To be fair, Locklear clearly beat out Diehl and TC still kept Diehl on the field. Expecting one of the younger players to actually get a fair chance to beat out Diehl was pretty unrealistic, it just wasn't going to happen under the Coughlin regime.

Brewer and Hosley need a chance to practice with the first team, and get the reps to develop. So far, I haven't heard anything of Diehl retiring, so I fully expect more of the same next season.

Beatty's eye injury in 2011 was pretty much a freak thing, and he did struggle a bit early with back spasms and lost some time; but, he was very steady once he got that situation under control.

Boothe may not be pro bowl material; but he isn't as bad as some people would like to believe.

I'm not opposed at all to drafting a top notch OT; but tackles in the first round often times don't live up to their hype. Let's just hope that JR and TC have been looking down the road and have a plan to fortify the line. The Diehl situation worries me. He's a salary cap nightmare, and he doesn't seem to be inclined to retire.

James Brewer was the guy i wanted when our pick was up in rd 4 a couple yrs ago, and i woulden't be so quick to knock em, as we all knew it was gonna be a couple yrs before he was ready, as he had all the measurables, but needed to be coached up in technique, and now here we are, going into his 3rd yr, and i think the kids gotta a chance...

+ Reply to Thread