+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ziggy Anash

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    there is no gaurantee he will progress,,its all speculation,,so as of now he is more hype than substance. nothing his soph and junior years,,only started this year due to injury. and to say this kids stock isnt up partially because of the comparisons to JPP is not accurate. article after article scouts compare him to JPP, JPP is helping this kid make money this draft.
    No guarantee any player will progress , no player is a sure thing. U take the most physically talented coach able players U can find and hope. If he wasnt being compared to JPP they would compare him to someone else
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-30-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Van Noy had more Sacks because he had more free shots at the QB as a Blitzer. Easier to get to the QB when the guys up front are dealing with the lineman and U have to beat a RB or TE
    Honestly find that statement to be total bs. If that was the case then why don't linebackers lead the league in sacks every year?? Ansah lead his team in QB pressures and pressures can be almost as good as sacks because they can either lead to another teammates sack, or a bad throw by the QB. I'm just saying with the athleticism that he has, how they hell do you block him one on one? I think he would wreak havoc opposite of JPP and the double teams he draws.

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    Honestly find that statement to be total bs. If that was the case then why don't linebackers lead the league in sacks every year??
    They usually do...

Apart from JJ Watt who had insane production from a 5 tech spot which is unheard of, the top 4 guys were all linebackers.

And it is somewhat different with the way BYU played with moving guys around.

Youll find in the NFL teams dont move their pass rush LBs around as much, just line them up against the same tackle most of the game and let him try to win.

They found ways to get Van Noy opportunities against lesser blockers.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 02-01-2013 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    Honestly find that statement to be total bs. If that was the case then why don't linebackers lead the league in sacks every year?? Ansah lead his team in QB pressures and pressures can be almost as good as sacks because they can either lead to another teammates sack, or a bad throw by the QB. I'm just saying with the athleticism that he has, how they hell do you block him one on one? I think he would wreak havoc opposite of JPP and the double teams he draws.
    What does LB's leading the league or not leading the league in sacks have to do with anything with Van Noys production on BYU's Defense. Im talking about 1 specific player on 1 team nothing more. The Defense is schemed to get the LB's mainly him they least path of resistance to the QB. Van Noy gets sacks A. because he is very quick and fast coming around the corner and B. because BYU makes sure the lineman are tangled up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Would depend on the team really. Some 3-4 DEs sit around 300 like the Steelers while others are around the 285-290 range. Don't recall which thread but I mentioned how good of a replacement he could be for Justin Smith of the 49ers once he moves on to retirement. He could play strongside DE in a 4-3 too but I just don't see him being a team's primary pass rusher.
    hey I love your mock draft picks! I know Williams got a bad rating but he looked pretty good to me on that TD Catch and I was at the senior bowl
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

+ Reply to Thread