RD1. DT Aaron Donald PITT / ARD1. CB Justin Gilbert OKST
    RD2. TE Jace Amaro Texas Tech
    RD3. CB Stanley jean Baptiste Nebraska / ADR3. DT Dominique Easley Florida
    RD4. WR Cody Latimer Indiana
    RD.5 DE Ed Stinson Alabama
    RD5B. C/OG Tyler Larsen Utah
    RD6. OLB Kevin Pierre-Louis Boston College

Veteran
    Interesting find on V.Williams who i also was impressed with more so than the beloved Nico Johnson.

[ And after Lynch's pregame promise to have the Seminoles "on their knees" in the fourth quarter, at least one Seminoles defender was determined to drive home the difference.
    "He's terrible," linebacker Vince Williams told reporters after the game, pointing specifically to Lynch's much-publicized confidence for lighting FSU's fire: "It motivated us a lot," Williams said. "That was straight-up bulletin board material. First of all because of how much success our defense had. We've been really, really good and nobody's ever said anything like that to us. So we were like, 'this man must have lost his mind." "What did he do that was good?" Williams continued to rail, his voice rising in pace, pitch and volume. "He didn't do nothing that was good, we were killing him." CBSSports.com ]

Vocal, not afraid to say whats on his mind. I like that in a LB thats the type of fire needed in the locker room. Rolle cannot be the only one anymore the defense needs more of those type of guys.

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    Okafor's stock might drop into the early second round. so I have no problem with your first pick, couple him with floyd that a good complimentary pick. If I made a mock off of yesterday it would of been K.Short and Dtone jones. my only question does his stock rise far enoguh to make the top 20. hes currently early-mid 2nd round right now i believe.
    I would of liked it more in you added an OL in the 4th instead of a OLB, or another CB for depth/injury insurance.
    all in all solid realistic mock. I like.
    Jones has the versatility to play in a 4-3 or 3-4 (which has helped DL prospects with their stock), has good burst off the snap, displays excellent power, and has the physical traits at 6'4 and 275-280lbs to play at LDE for the Giants. He looked really good at the SB and like Juice pointed out earlier, he was in the same position as Ansah this year playing in a spot that isn't really going to gather huge national attention. People might disagree but if it wasn't for Ansah (who is arguably the most athletic prospect in the draft) flashing so much in the SB and taking the thunder as the next big DE prospect, there would have be more discussion about Jones in the 1st. I see guys like Sam Montgomery around the 20th area in so many mocks and don't see why he should be ahead of Jones when it comes to figuring out who will be a better NFL prospect. It's very possible that he should be a later 1st round prospect and not a mid 1st but I'll stand up for saying he deserves (and earned in the SB imo) a 1st round grade wherever it may be.

My 2nd pick should probably be changed to Sylvester Williams even though Floyd is the better prospect. Doing more research into Floyd and he seems to be a late 1st pick or early 2nd with little chance to drop further than that.

I've considered switching Jamie Collins for an interior OL prospect but I'm really a big fan of finding a good 4-3 OLB who can offer excellent blitzing ability and also cover RBs out of the backfield too. Kiwi at OLB was a good idea in theory but he's just not the player for the job.

provide some links please
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...ut-DaneBrugler

That's just 1 so far but like I said in the OP: I'm predicting he reaches the 1st round because of a very good combine not only for the measurables and events but he will interview well too (I have a link of an interview he had in the middle of the season and he comes across as a very intelligent person with good character)

Vocal, not afraid to say whats on his mind. I like that in a LB thats the type of fire needed in the locker room. Rolle cannot be the only one anymore the defense needs more of those type of guys.
    Thanks for the info and it makes me like the kid more. The fact he would be a late round pick gives me faith he would work his butt off to earn that starting role versus a possible early round LB who might assume he'll just get handed the job in our system.
    Last edited by TheEnigma; 01-28-2013 at 05:59 PM.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

(1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt - (3)Jack Mewhort, OL Ohio State
    (4)Arthur Lynch, TE Georgia - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Prince Shembo, OLB Notre Dame

Veteran
    Hmm... I had no idea he jumped that far in just one senior bowl game. I mocked him before the bowl game in the second round I think before most non informed knew who the kid was. Kind of happy he helped himself that much but was hoping he did just enough to be a value in the 2nd round where he would be available to us; call me greedy I guess.

So the question is and highly improbable but sertainly not impossible.
    If Ansah is on the board along with Jones.
    Not who is the BPA pick but who is the better pick for what we are trying to do right now?

Jones is a more polished DE with the ability to play DT
    Ansah is typicallly JPP ( Raw but talented with a relenteless motor)

The thing with players like JPP is that they exploded on the scene with raw talent and get the best of the opposition, up until they game play to neutralize them, then they kind of hit a wall, as we saw this year with Paul. Do we need another Raw player who has trememdous upside or the more polished player with good upside, and a possible faster ability to improve his craft, during the season.

I know this is not the pouplar thought process on these boards when it comes to Ziggy, but I want to look at all sectors of whats the best option at 19.

+ Reply to Thread