+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enigma's Mock 2.0

Enigma's Mock 2.0

1st (19th overall) Datone Jones, DE, UCLA - This high? Yes because I'm predicting that this kid's stock will increase even further once he hits the combine and lines up with other DL prospects. Ansah is getting all of the hype (and rightfully so) but this kid offers better pass rushing ability off the edge and has more versatile ability for the defensive scheme Fewell likes to employ. He would be perfect at LDE opposite of JPP for years to come.

2nd (49th overall) Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida - This team could use a pass rushing presence from the interior and outside of Austin (potentially), no one on the Dline really offers anything of that sort. Canty is a candidate for leaving the team in the future with his contract and Kuhn seems like a rotational player at best. Why not take advantage of a deep class?

3rd (81st overall) Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut - He displayed really good coverage at the SB and has the physical traits to take over on the outside opposite of Prince once Webster moves on after 2013. Should see time in nickel and dime packages his rookie season and could be the candidate to have a decent amount of Ints as teams challenge him. Prince and Wreh-Wilson on the outside with Hosley in the slot would be a solid CB unit heading into the future.

4th (113th overall) Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Miss - Dynamic rushing abilities off the edge, he translates really well to a situational pass rusher at the next level with the ability to get off blocks and burst into the backfield but also has the potential to drop back into space and play zone coverage with his fluid hips. Obvious project to develop him into a 3 down player but offers the potential to be a very versatile and destructive LBer in a 4-3.

5th (145th overall) Michael Williams, TE, Alabama - I'm assuming we lose Bennett to FA here and Williams would be the perfect replacement to take over the run blocking duties that was provided to us last season. His stock rose yesterday as he made some crucial catches in the SB to show that he isn't just going to primarily play on the line in the NFL. If Robinson can pan out like Reese expects, we would have a good TE duo from this point on.

6th (177th overall) Vince Williams, ILB, Florida State - Yeah I know you want a higher selection at inside linebacker but let's take a moment to reflect on what Vincey boy did yesterday: He showed excellent recognition of draw plays, sideline speed to be a factor in plays, and took advantage of a popped out ball to get the interception. If Reese thinks he can find a late round bargain at the position, he's going to take that all day long versus the early round selection.

7th (209th overall) Mark Jackson, OL, Glenville State - Massive OL prospect that has good arm length and size at 6'6, he would be a developmental prospect that Coach Flaherty would love to get his hands on. Reminds me a lot of Phil Loadholt of the Vikings who just punishes his opponent in the run game.
    Last edited by TheEnigma; 01-27-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    You're a very knowledgeable poster and I enjoy hearing your opinion...but I'm going to be honest with you, for where we're picking your first two picks are horrendously garbage...back to the drawing board
    Who would you like? I kind of wanted to veer direction from my first two selections (Okafor, Floyd) in the original mock and typically stay away from the most hyped 1st rounder this board likes (i.e Ansah and Ogletree) to give a different perspective on what the Giants could do. I'll stand by my 1st selection since Datone Jones offers a lot to a defense like ours which loves to put those kinds of DEs on the inside for 3rd downs but Warford might be too big for this Oline.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Who would you like? I kind of wanted to veer direction from my first two selections (Okafor, Floyd) in the original mock and typically stay away from the most hyped 1st rounder this board likes (i.e Ansah and Ogletree) to give a different perspective on what the Giants could do. I'll stand by my 1st selection since Datone Jones offers a lot to a defense like ours which loves to put those kinds of DEs on the inside for 3rd downs but Warford might be too big for this Oline.
    I might of been a bit harsh the first time around on Jones, he was playing out of position (like Ansah) in the UCLA defense, but I think he's a bit of a tweener. His most natural position might be the 3tech...As for Warford, I don't think he has the athletiscm to play guard for us, Wilson would be half way down the field by the time he got around on his pull

Didn't pay much attention to Jones in the Senior bowl yesterday, but how did he look rushing from the edge?

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    I might of been a bit harsh the first time around on Jones, he was playing out of position (like Ansah) in the UCLA defense, but I think he's a bit of a tweener. His most natural position might be the 3tech...As for Warford, I don't think he has the athletiscm to play guard for us, Wilson would be half way down the field by the time he got around on his pull
    The things Jones did on the field for UCLA just seem to translate really well for what this defense wants to do but again, he's only a 1st rounder in the event that he has a really good combine like I'm predicting. Okafor could still be our best choice for a DE in the 1st round (Don't see Ansah happening) but I wouldn't be upset at all if we went for Datone.

I'll probably remove Warford since you made a good case there and go back to Floyd for the 2nd since DT is really up in the air for the future with the exception of Joseph. The Giants love "garbage bin" OL FA deals so us picking up a veteran for the inside wouldn't surprise me.

Didn't pay much attention to Jones in the Senior bowl yesterday, but how did he look rushing from the edge?
    I only caught the second half of the game but he seemed to do really well against his competition on a few occasions. Think he will create more pressure on the outside with power versus agility myself and should probably move inside on those crucial 3rd downs. That's why I have Jamie Collins in my mock because I'd like to see him on the Dline on obvious passing situations.
    Last edited by TheEnigma; 01-27-2013 at 01:44 PM.

While watching senior bowl practices Jones stood out with Okafor. I just dont see the Giants taking him that early. I rather Okafor personally but don't want a DE in the first two rounds. I want to see what Tratou and Tracy have as well as Kiwi moving to full time DE. Kiwi at Sam aggravates the heck out of me. This lb core as a whole is to slow to react and only Williams has speed to make up for it.

1st (19th overall) Datone Jones, DE, UCLA - This high? Yes because I'm predicting that this kid's stock will increase even further once he hits the combine and lines up with other DL prospects. Ansah is getting all of the hype (and rightfully so) but this kid offers better pass rushing ability off the edge and has more versatile ability for the defensive scheme Fewell likes to employ. He would be perfect at LDE opposite of JPP for years to come.

2nd (49th overall) Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida - This team could use a pass rushing presence from the interior and outside of Austin (potentially), no one on the Dline really offers anything of that sort. Canty is a candidate for leaving the team in the future with his contract and Kuhn seems like a rotational player at best. Why not take advantage of a deep class?

3rd (81st overall) Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut - He displayed really good coverage at the SB and has the physical traits to take over on the outside opposite of Prince once Webster moves on after 2013. Should see time in nickel and dime packages his rookie season and could be the candidate to have a decent amount of Ints as teams challenge him. Prince and Wreh-Wilson on the outside with Hosley in the slot would be a solid CB unit heading into the future.

4th (113th overall) Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Miss - Dynamic rushing abilities off the edge, he translates really well to a situational pass rusher at the next level with the ability to get off blocks and burst into the backfield but also has the potential to drop back into space and play zone coverage with his fluid hips. Obvious project to develop him into a 3 down player but offers the potential to be a very versatile and destructive LBer in a 4-3.

5th (145th overall) Michael Williams, TE, Alabama - I'm assuming we lose Bennett to FA here and Williams would be the perfect replacement to take over the run blocking duties that was provided to us last season. His stock rose yesterday as he made some crucial catches in the SB to show that he isn't just going to primarily play on the line in the NFL. If Robinson can pan out like Reese expects, we would have a good TE duo from this point on.

6th (177th overall) Vince Williams, ILB, Florida State - Yeah I know you want a higher selection at inside linebacker but let's take a moment to reflect on what Vincey boy did yesterday: He showed excellent recognition of draw plays, sideline speed to be a factor in plays, and took advantage of a popped out ball to get the interception. If Reese thinks he can find a late round bargain at the position, he's going to take that all day long versus the early round selection.

7th (209th overall) Mark Jackson, OL, Glenville State - Massive OL prospect that has good arm length and size at 6'6, he would be a developmental prospect that Coach Flaherty would love to get his hands on. Reminds me a lot of Phil Loadholt of the Vikings who just punishes his opponent in the run game.
    Great talent all around but I do feel this years draft is an excellent opportunity to get younger on OL. Great talent at OT and G/C in the first 3 roumds and even in the 4 th if someone slips all the way. There's NFL ready guys in the first 3 rounds, I don't want more quick fixes, would be nice if Reese pulls the trigger on one stud OLmen.

I like Jones.. could play inside or outside in a 4-3, he could be the pick

looking at a bunch of mocks today.. Jones is in the 1st alot now

Veteran

Okafor's stock might drop into the early second round. so I have no problem with your first pick, couple him with floyd that a good complimentary pick. If I made a mock off of yesterday it would of been K.Short and Dtone jones. my only question does his stock rise far enoguh to make the top 20. hes currently early-mid 2nd round right now i believe.
    I would of liked it more in you added an OL in the 4th instead of a OLB, or another CB for depth/injury insurance.
    all in all solid realistic mock. I like.
    Last edited by rainierjef; 01-28-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

+ Reply to Thread