+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Jets To Explore Trade Options For Darrelle Revis; Giants Not Likely To Be Interested

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/24/...be-interested/

Excerpt: "The New York Jets have a dilemma on their hands. The team and organization are expected to clean house and start a rebuilding mode, making trading Darrelle Revis a strong option.

Revis is widely considered one of the best defensive players in the league regardless of position, but he is entering the final year of his contract in which he is due $6 million, after missing all of last season with a torn ACL. Revis' current contract also precludes him from having the franchise tag placed on him.They can either keep Revis through the season, and shell out the coin to resign him, or they can entertain trade offers for the All-Pro. Jets owner Woody Johnson has made it clear that he would like to salvage what they can via a trade. This presents the Jets, who just recently hired new general manager John Idzik, with a predicament.

Revis has always said he wants to retire a Jet, but it is unclear if he will want to stick around during a rebuilding process. A player of his caliber would be best utilized by a team built to win now. However, Revis, who will be 28 next season, will likely demand a huge contract despite coming off a major injury, making him a risk for teams to pursue.

For New York Giants fans curious to know if the Big Blue will be interested in bringing in Revis Island, Inside Football's Pat Traina has an answer.

"If Revis, coming off a serious knee injury, wants to be the highest paid, it ain't gonna happen with the Giants," she tweeted. "Please tweeps, I beg of you… don't start drooling over every possible trade rumor, free agent, etc. that comes up. …" Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Sucks not to be interested in him when we have Webster getting abused every week. It's like saying hey i'm not interested in improving this 9-7 team.

“I heard we offered them Corey Webster and our #1. When the Jets countered with ‘just the #1? negotiations broke down.”

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Sucks not to be interested in him when we have Webster getting abused every week. It's like saying hey i'm not interested in improving this 9-7 team.
    Or perhaps we don't have Revis money?

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

He is going to want too much money and is coming off an ACL tear. The team that he is with now doesn't want him. That's usually a sign.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

He's making 6m. Isn't Webby at 8m? Lots of money will be coming off the books after 2013. We will be able to afford him.

the Jets are just trying to get as much as they can while they can!

if he stays with the Jets or goes anywhere else for that matter i have a feeling he wont be nearly as effective as hes been in the past.

for one thing he reads too much of his own press!

hes regressing and i wouldnt want him at that salary!

All-Pro
    Revis wants Peyton Manning money, Giants got CC Brown money...

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    hes regressing and i wouldnt want him at that salary!
    And you know this how?

And you know this how?
    i dont know! its my opinion!

look Revis is not worth what the Jets will eventually get for him!

the injury will be a factor again decreasing his effectiveness....again just my opinion!