+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Webster

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    I guess we still have to watch highlights of Webster getting burned again.. ugh
    maybe he's not done. Maybe he last years was just a bad year.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Training camp will be pretty interesting. I hope we pick up some options at CB. I think Prince ends up being #1 and it'd be awesome to see Hosley take a step forward. If TT can come back and be a top slot CB that would go a long way and allow someone like Hosley to play outside where he's better. Would love to find a way to just get a shut down press coverage CB though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    he may be gone in 2014 though
    especially if he doesnt improve his play from 2012!

he essentially sucked!

Starter
    He was bad, but I'm willing to give him some slack. I mean the NFL is a rough league and one bad season might mean you get cut, but the Giants don't have anyone to replace him at the moment anyway so I'd be content with keeping him for now. I mean the guy can play, he has proven that regardless of what happened this season.

Quote Originally Posted by TomCat_FIN View Post
    He was bad, but I'm willing to give him some slack. I mean the NFL is a rough league and one bad season might mean you get cut, but the Giants don't have anyone to replace him at the moment anyway so I'd be content with keeping him for now. I mean the guy can play, he has proven that regardless of what happened this season.
    They should be able to tell in camp if his injuries were responsible for any of his obvious drop off in 2012.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Rich4114 View Post
    Training camp will be pretty interesting. I hope we pick up some options at CB. I think Prince ends up being #1 and it'd be awesome to see Hosley take a step forward. If TT can come back and be a top slot CB that would go a long way and allow someone like Hosley to play outside where he's better. Would love to find a way to just get a shut down press coverage CB though.
    whyt would you want a press corner when we run an extremely zone heavy defense? I think that is one of webbs biggest issues, you take away the jam and aggression inside 5yds and he is at a disadvantage.
    Last edited by TextureDj; 01-27-2013 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jints10 View Post
    You do know he played most of the year with a broken arm right
    WOW and all season i thought it was a foot or a leg!! that guy got no speed!! burned everytime!! he has gotta go!

Quote Originally Posted by BleedinBlue72 View Post
    WOW and all season i thought it was a foot or a leg!! that guy got no speed!! burned everytime!! he has gotta go!
    It was also a hamstring
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

If he doesn't prove that he's a starter in camp, he doesn't start. If there is someone better than him for the position then they should take it. I don't understand this rationalization of not playing our best player because "he's owed too much to not play"....that is just insane.

You play the best player for the position, all that money and contract stuff is secondary.

Webster is our #1 cb and as such plays against the opposing teams #1 receiver. Even Revis get burned against top receivers. A decent pass rush is needed to stop receivers getting too much time to run routes.

+ Reply to Thread