+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deal or No Deal

Deal or No Deal

Lets take a look at a Hypothetical Free Agent. Obviously Will Beatty is the priority!

Jake Long most likely will NOT be resigned or tagged with Miami. He want's 10 million per year. (he's 28)

If you were Jerry Reese would you sign him for this amount or NOT?

DEAL or NO DEAL?

no deal, no money

No deal
    We Want 5!

15 million over 3 years not a dime more or less.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

No deal
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

No deal.

No deal

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    no deal, no money
    agreed 100%. We dont have the cap space as of now.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Rumor has it the Chiefs are going to let their LT Brandon Albert walk.

Clady is a FA as well.

Vollmer played some games at LT early in his career and played pretty well there too.

Plus this is a good OT draft.

Have to think all of that combined would knock the price any of those guys can ask for and get down pretty substantially.

Might be able to get one of them, or keep Beatty, for a lot cheaper than otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Rumor has it the Chiefs are going to let their LT Brandon Albert walk.

Clady is a FA as well.

Vollmer played some games at LT early in his career and played pretty well there too.

Plus this is a good OT draft.

Have to think all of that combined would knock the price any of those guys can ask for and get down pretty substantially.

Might be able to get one of them, or keep Beatty, for a lot cheaper than otherwise
    gotta believe clady will be even more expensive than Long imo. Clady is a solid OT.

Really, I'd just try my damndest to draft Fisher from C.Michigan bc imo he can come in and be every bit as effective at RT as any available FA, and bc of the rookie salary cap, he'd come much much cheaper. I wouldnt address OT thru FA if I could get Fisher or Johnson from Oklahoma, and even he's risky bc I dunno if he can come in and start for us relatively early bc he has to fill out that frame of his some imo.

Point is, any FA OT that has name brand recognition ie Clady, Vollmer, Andre Smith, etc etc are going to require more money than we have. Question is if Beatty also falls into that category...