+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giants Must Handle New Wave Of College Style Offenses Embedding The NFC East

It's not only the NFC East. The NFC road to the Superbowl will eventually require beating the read option offense/mobile QB very soon.
    Even if RG3 is down and out, now there's Kaepernick and Wilson plus new college QBs.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 01-28-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StrahanTheMan View Post
    I still think the key to these offenses is a fast spy on the QB who can hit hard. WR's merit a man covering them, now the QB does too.
    This. I don't know why teams aren't putting a LB on the QB and telling the DE to attack the RB. The problem, it seems, is that the QB reads the DE and chooses accordingly. If you put a LB on the QB and the DE even just tackles the RB before a pitch can happen you now force the QBs hand and now you know who's getting the ball. I mean, who knows really, I'm not in the NFL and don't study defensive schemes enough to know if this has been tried yet, but it seems logical to me.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BROADWAYSTORM View Post
    This topic is overrated. We don't know if RG3 will be the same again or if Kelly can translate that offense into the NFL. And even with initial success teams adjust to these new schemes. Why is no one running the Wildcat anymore? At the end of the day this game is about winning in the trenches and having good quarterbacks who can throw the ball all over the field in big spots. That is all.
    I agree.

"They can definitely be the ultimate weapon, if you can keep ’em healthy, " is the bottom line. And no running Qb is going to stay healthly long in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    How do you defend against the option? Beat the crap out of the QB whether he has the ball or not. Eventually the QB will break... how does our defensive staff not know that?
    Yeah u hit him every single chance u get hard and low even if he doesnt have the ball. Couple shots to his knees see how well that option works

Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    This. I don't know why teams aren't putting a LB on the QB and telling the DE to attack the RB. The problem, it seems, is that the QB reads the DE and chooses accordingly. If you put a LB on the QB and the DE even just tackles the RB before a pitch can happen you now force the QBs hand and now you know who's getting the ball. I mean, who knows really, I'm not in the NFL and don't study defensive schemes enough to know if this has been tried yet, but it seems logical to me.
    The best player in the is draft against the zone read/option plays is LSU's Barkevious Mingo because he has the Quickness and speed to wait and attack when he is optioned and the back side pursuit ability to take down plays from behind.

Mingo vs CLemson

Watch at 09 seconds . The read is Sam Montgomery on this play who stays home which means hand off . Watch how quickly Mingo gets to the ball.Mingo is just to fast and quick for the pulling LG. He Forces the fumble

at 2:20 watch him pursue from the backside of the play again. he is 1 step away from blowing that play up

3:04 This 1's a great example of what im talking about his speed and quickness disrupting these plays.
    They were reading Mingo and he slides down inside the B Gap. Barrow #57 moves up at this point the O should of adjusted and read the LB but they didnt. They just let Mingo come flying through for a sack

Mingo vs Oregon

Here it again from 2011 against Oregon and Chip kelly. The Backside pursuit again :43

read this has more about what you were suggesting

http://smartfootball.com/defending-s...crape-exchange
    it explains it

In this article it also talks about how TCU defends it. TCU employs a 4-2-5 Defense with 3 safeties "Sound Familiar" This way U keep the Front 4 strong against the run and give enough players on the field that can defend the pass.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-28-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Here is the problem. We have Perry Fewell.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    The best player in the is draft against the zone read/option plays is LSU's Barkevious Mingo because he has the Quickness and speed to wait and attack when he is optioned and the back side pursuit ability to take down plays from behind.Mingo vs CLemson Watch at 09 seconds . The read is Sam Montgomery on this play who stays home which means hand off . Watch how quickly Mingo gets to the ball.Mingo is just to fast and quick for the pulling LG. He Forces the fumbleat 2:20 watch him pursue from the backside of the play again. he is 1 step away from blowing that play up3:04 This 1's a great example of what im talking about his speed and quickness disrupting these plays. They were reading Mingo and he slides down inside the B Gap. Barrow #57 moves up at this point the O should of adjusted and read the LB but they didnt. They just let Mingo come flying through for a sackMingo vs Oregon Here it again from 2011 against Oregon and Chip kelly. The Backside pursuit again :43read this has more about what you were suggestinghttp://smartfootball.com/defending-s...crape-exchangeit explains it In this article it also talks about how TCU defends it. TCU employs a 4-2-5 Defense with 3 safeties "Sound Familiar" This way U keep the Front 4 strong against the run and give enough players on the field that can defend the pass.
    Oh wow. Amazing. I'm at work now, but ima check.these out when I get home. I appciate you.posting this. Off topic do.you by chance have a user account on.the Memedroid app? If not, someone else took your username lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    And how many yards do they gain while we wait for the QB to cry uncle?
    Probably much less than the "deer in the headlights" defense that Fewell has been teaching.

Concepts like gap integrity and contain are not overly complicated. Fewell has these guys so amped up to strip the ball or get a pick that they have lost the fine art of physicality. No jamming, poor tackling and when was the last time one of our guys lit up a player who came across the middle of the field ?

wow redeye thanx for those clips. mingo may be my new wish for the 1rst rd pick. i still would be stoked with Fisher OT, but Mingo's right on his heels. u think he goes top 10 like the announcers were saying?

+ Reply to Thread