+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 614

Thread: Why do people think Cruz is easily replaceable?

  1. #21
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    96,745
    We'll know soon enough
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  2. #22
    Veteran GoDeep80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Statesboro
    Posts
    679
    I'd feel bittersweet because yea we lost a great player but we'd still at the very least we'd get a 1st because he's a RFA. Not to mention Randle is more of an outside receiver and We still need to pay Nicks, Jernigan is waiting in the wings and you see what happens when guys on this team get their opportunity.

  3. #23
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    96,745
    Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    I think if he goes to another team he could be exposed as another one of those guys who fit into this system and was complimented by the guys around him. He could very well be a flop elsewhere. He has definite value for the Giants; but if they lose him and still have Nicks and Randle, I don't see the end of the world. There's a reason Cruz went undrafted, and other teams saw his production when Nicks was playing when he shouldn't have been. If some other team throws big money at him, unfortunately we've got to let him go. We'll get some compensation in the draft, and we'll move on.
    Undrafted? Seriously?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  4. #24
    Veteran DownWitJPP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Other teams, including the Jets were salivating when we had to bring in an emergency kicker which should have sent Cruz to the waiver wire. He'd had a minor hamstring issue so they were able to put him on IR for which they were investigated. Cruz wants to be here, but why should he take a one year deal at $2+M if there is a team willing to sign him long term for 5 times that amount for 4/5 years?
    like i said a fair contract. I was thinking a 4 or 5 yr deal @ 6-8 Mil . I like Cruz and i hope we can get a deal reached, but he doesn't deserve Calvin Johnson type money.

    As far as the Jets or any other teams go, they wouldn't even know who he was if we didn't bring him into training camp. They only knew about him because of the breakout pre-season game when Rex was drooling

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Undrafted? Seriously?
    WTF? He was undrafted, that's just a fact. It's also probable that he would have been cut by most teams in the league, and never made a roster but for one preseason game against the Jets. Cruz has been incredibly fortunate to fall into just the right situation on the Giants. Also, without Hixon's injury in 2011 this could have been a whole different story. And after seeing his performances when Nicks was the walking wounded, it's not a stretch at all to say he's benefited a ton from the system, Eli, and Nicks. I don't think the guy walks on water, and I think his future with some other organization isn't a guaranteed success like a lot of people assume. I think he'd be a fool to leave; but if he does, we'll survive.

  6. #26
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,532
    Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    I respect your opinion Roanoke, but i disagree. We were the only team to give this kid a shot...if Jerry Reese makes him a fair offer and he out prices himself asking for Calvin Johnson type money then i think that's wrong.

    and i wasn't comparing the two situations. I meant if he leaves for mega money his career might take a downfall as he won't have Eli throwing him the ball anymore. Just like Smith's career took a ****
    Smith's career took a nose dive because of a serious injury. He was smart to take the money from the Eagles.

  7. #27
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    No mans land
    Posts
    24,814
    Cruz is a pro bowl type player and it would suck if he was left to go to another team.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Smith's career took a nose dive because of a serious injury. He was smart to take the money from the Eagles.
    He was out of choices - the dumb move was not taking the offer the Giants made him when he was healthy. It was rumored at around 35 million and he decided to test the market after another year, didnt count on getting hurt and had to claw at the 4 mil the eagles gave him.

    Smart or hardly any other choice?

  9. #29
    although i dont think the Giants will let Cruz walk but even if the conversation came up i think Eli would have some input on that decision.

    if he did leave it would be a huge lost and i expect all Giants' fans would demand an explanation.

  10. #30
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    He was out of choices - the dumb move was not taking the offer the Giants made him when he was healthy. It was rumored at around 35 million and he decided to test the market after another year, didnt count on getting hurt and had to claw at the 4 mil the eagles gave him.

    Smart or hardly any other choice?
    I agree . . . should have taken the big money when he had the chance but he rolled the dice and lost (as opposed to Flacco who has apparently rolled the dice and won).

    Once that ship sailed though, it was smart for him to take the $3M from the Eagles instead of the Giants $1M offer.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts