+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people think Cruz is easily replaceable?

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    WTF? He was undrafted, that's just a fact. It's also probable that he would have been cut by most teams in the league, and never made a roster but for one preseason game against the Jets. Cruz has been incredibly fortunate to fall into just the right situation on the Giants. Also, without Hixon's injury in 2011 this could have been a whole different story.
    I agree with this part, but how does that say anything about whether or not he's a good player right now?

As for him being "exposed" when Nicks was injured, I tottaly disagree with that. He still managed to get over 1000 yards and that would've been more if he didn't drop some balls. He needs to reduce the drops I'll admit but that can't be blamed on Nicks not being there lol

It would suck, but I'd take comfort in the fact that we'd be getting a 1st rounder in compensation for a guy we didn't even draft.

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    I respect your opinion Roanoke, but i disagree. We were the only team to give this kid a shot...if Jerry Reese makes him a fair offer and he out prices himself asking for Calvin Johnson type money then i think that's wrong.

and i wasn't comparing the two situations. I meant if he leaves for mega money his career might take a downfall as he won't have Eli throwing him the ball anymore. Just like Smith's career took a ****
    If some other teams offers him significantly more money than us, why shouldn't he take it? Sure we were the team that gave him a shot, but that doesn't mean he should feel beholden to us, especially if we're not even in the ball park of what the other team's offer is.

Cruz doesn't owe us anything. His past two seasons have put him in the situation to get paid. He has given the Giants way more production than they paid him for. And now it's his turn to do what's best for him. I hope he stays but if the Giants don't give him the best deal, I won't hold it against him if he leaves. It's all business.

as long as the Giants make him a fair offer I highly doubt he goes anywhere...his mom and fiance's family both live in the local area. They also live near the stadium

GET WELL SOON

Love the first couple replies to this thread lol. Sums it up perfectly.

Maybe I'm too optimistic but I don't see us letting him walk. I think it's almost certain that he isn't going anywhere but that's just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    The reason he went undrafted wasn't because of his skill level.
    Yeah, I'd have to say it was more because of his academic problems and going to UMASS.

At first I'd feel a bit:

But that'd quickly move on to:

Last edited by Flip Empty; 01-26-2013 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Yeah, I'd have to say it was more because of his academic problems and going to UMASS.
    Exactly. Cruz flunked out, wasn't focused but then once he started playing again and got himself back together, his coaches had nothing but high praise for him.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

+ Reply to Thread