+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people think Cruz is easily replaceable?

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    my own feelings on this are that Cruz is a definite star in this league and will command big bucks just like any other high producing player and for that reason if I were him I would follow the money trail just like everybody else does. We have to remember that sometimes a players window for the big bucks is only there until the next injury and then it could be closed forever and then everything is what might have been. I want him to stay because we need him but if he walks I hope I will understand...
    My thoughts exactly. There would be no hard feelings if he gets a lucrative contract elsewhere they we can't match. I was very encouraged by what I saw from of JJ and Randle. It would suck, but Eli will have these guys ready to play.

We will be fine if Cruz is gone. How quickly many of you forget lessons of the past.

If cruz is gone we will still have Nicks, Randle, Hixon, Barden, Jernigan....Bennett. C'mon guys.

Players will step up and some player we dont even know of will catch our eye once again.

AKA: If cruz wants 10 mil/year...to hell with him

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    We will be fine if Cruz is gone. How quickly many of you forget lessons of the past.If cruz is gone we will still have Nicks, Randle, Hixon, Barden, Jernigan....Bennett. C'mon guys.Players will step up and some player we dont even know of will catch our eye once again. AKA: If cruz wants 10 mil/year...to hell with him
    Wait hold on, so Cruz who has PROVEN to be an elite receiver should go, because HOPEFULLY other guys like Jernigan and Barden who have proven to not play up to expectations are going to step up? I agree that he can't get paid like like a number one receiver, but to say he's easily replaceable and other guys can mimick his success is absolutely absurd.
    I thought we had something special!!!

I'd rather lose Eli than Cruz.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    We will be fine if Cruz is gone. How quickly many of you forget lessons of the past.

If cruz is gone we will still have Nicks, Randle, Hixon, Barden, Jernigan....Bennett. C'mon guys.

Players will step up and some player we dont even know of will catch our eye once again.

AKA: If cruz wants 10 mil/year...to hell with him
    This team couldn't even make do without Manningham, I hate to think how it'd fare without Cruz. He's that ingrained in the offensive gameplan.

Also, Barden and Bennett are both free agents.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 01-26-2013 at 10:55 PM.

it would suck but it is part of the game/business.

All-Pro
    Don't over pay him. Wouldn't want to lose him but if he wants to much let him walk. Same goes for Nicks when his turn is up. Just draft well.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    This always reminds me of a "before" picture for Nutri-System. LOL.

Veteran
    I know it will come down to $. I think we have a bit more depth on offensive skill positions. If he wants too much, he's gone. The money will be used for other areas more in need of upgrading. It would be sad though.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    This team couldn't even make do without Manningham, I hate to think how it'd fare without Cruz. He's that ingrained in the offensive gameplan.

Also, Barden and Bennett are both free agents.
    Manningham leaving had nothing to do with this seasons bad play. We had a weak O line,weak LBs and a ton of injuries. He was a nice receiver who imo made more mistakes than good plays. No more than that.

+ Reply to Thread