+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people think Cruz is easily replaceable?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    you would take steve smith even though hes 33
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    What does "toughness" have to do with his numbers when he lead the team in both of his first two years of playing?
    imo, the combination of toughness, physicadlity, and speed has everything to do with whether or not you deserve a mammoth contract. Note: i didn't say big, but top. 6-7 million I won't have much a problem with. Anymore then that, I don't know. No one can argue his productivity and that he's great. The question is, is he worth that kind of money. Personally, I'd just tender him for a 1st and a 3rd.

No more talking. im just going to let the tape speak for itself. Then listen to the excuses.

1. watch from 0.40 seconds to 0.50 seconds.
    2. watch from 1:16 to 1:25
    3. watch from 1:35 to 1:40
    4. watch from 2:39 to 2:43
    5. watch from 3:10 to 3:20 ( this one is my favorite)

There are more plays like those from cruz which arent in this video.
    I can't watch at work. I'm assuming these are videos showing his toughness?

If Randle is everything we think he is, then we won't lose Cruz, but Nicks instead. That being said, if we lose Cruz this year, then that means we get a 1st and a 3rd pick. I'm then hoping that Nicks stays healthy and we make a deal with Nicks instead. I'd be upset, but not devastated.

I don't get this disagreement at all.

1. Victor Cruz catches the ball in a crowd as well as any WR in the league (ALA Steve Smith)
    2. Victor Cruz creates seperation
    3. Victor Cruz stays on the field
    4. Victor Cruz can play outside or in the slot.
    5. Victor Cruz has fine instincts as a WR
    6. Victor Cruz is a fine, fine player. He's just flat hard to cover.

NOTHING ordinary or average about him. I happen to believe that Hakeem Nicks is still the best WR on the team because I think Nicks is top 5 in the NFL. But Cruz is one heck of a football player and proved last year that he is no one hit wonder.
    We can argue about how much money he should get....that's fine. But for anyone to argue that Cruz is ordinary or average is ridiculous.
    Get well soon 80.

you would take steve smith even though hes 33
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    What does "toughness" have to do with his numbers when he lead the team in both of his first two years of playing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I don't get this disagreement at all.

1. Victor Cruz catches the ball in a crowd as well as any WR in the league (ALA Steve Smith)
    2. Victor Cruz creates seperation
    3. Victor Cruz stays on the field
    4. Victor Cruz can play outside or in the slot.
    5. Victor Cruz has fine instincts as a WR
    6. Victor Cruz is a fine, fine player. He's just flat hard to cover.

NOTHING ordinary or average about him. I happen to believe that Hakeem Nicks is still the best WR on the team because I think Nicks is top 5 in the NFL. But Cruz is one heck of a football player and proved last year that he is no one hit wonder.
    We can argue about how much money he should get....that's fine. But for anyone to argue that Cruz is ordinary or average is ridiculous.
    I don't think anyone is arguing that Cruz is ordinary or average. Just whether or not he's worth a big, big contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I don't get this disagreement at all.1. Victor Cruz catches the ball in a crowd as well as any WR in the league (ALA Steve Smith)2. Victor Cruz creates seperation3. Victor Cruz stays on the field4. Victor Cruz can play outside or in the slot.5. Victor Cruz has fine instincts as a WR6. Victor Cruz is a fine, fine player. He's just flat hard to cover.NOTHING ordinary or average about him. I happen to believe that Hakeem Nicks is still the best WR on the team because I think Nicks is top 5 in the NFL. But Cruz is one heck of a football player and proved last year that he is no one hit wonder.We can argue about how much money he should get....that's fine. But for anyone to argue that Cruz is ordinary or average is ridiculous.
    Excellent post.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I don't think anyone is arguing that Cruz is ordinary or average. Just whether or not he's worth a big, big contract.
    That has been argued in this thread. Not by you but it has been argued.

I said this several weeks ago. I see Cruz getting something like 4 years, $25 to $28M with something like $11 or $12M guaranteed.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    +1

I find it funny when posters urge players to "do the right thing" in contract negotiations (i.e., take less money from the Giants than they can get elsewhere), like they would ever do the same in their own jobs.

This is a business. Any player that treats it otherwise is doing a disservice to himself and his family.
    Exactly! Cruz has to do what is best for him, which is I think to take the offer that offers him the most guaranteed money. Remember in the NFL it is not about a huge contract, but the smart move is who gets the most guaranteed money.

You guys make me laugh. The whole situation has nothing to do with how replaceable Cruz is, whether he is or isn't replaceable.

The Giants will make a CAP-responsible offer to Cruz. The Giants cannot afford to offer big money, they are handiCAPped.
    Cruz's agent will not allow him to sign a CAP-responsible offer without testing his value as a RFA.
    Then it will be up to 31 other teams to decide what Cruz is worth on the open market.
    Finally, the Giants get to decide whether or not to match any offers.
    If it costs too much, Cruz will not be Giant next year.

Will 1 of 31 other teams offer too much for Cruz? I'm pretty sure that's going to happen.
    Do not feed the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I can't watch at work. I'm assuming these are videos showing his toughness?
    Yes. watch the tape when you get home and You will see.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 01-28-2013 at 01:23 PM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

+ Reply to Thread