+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people think Cruz is easily replaceable?

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Nah I meant more money for Nicks. Rolle, Canty, Bradshaw and Snee's contracts will lapse just in time to sign JPP and Prince to long-term deals... Provided a big-name free agent isn't brought in, this cap mess could come right before long.
    oh yeah hahahaa.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Not really. We have to give a contract to Beatty, Cruz, Bennett, S. Brown, A. Brown, and KP this offseason. Between contracts coming off and new ones coming on, it's probably a wash at best.
    You reckon Phillips returns? Hopefully his injury history has lowered his market value somewhat. Bennett, I'm not positive they can retain, either. Teams which actually utilise the position through the air could value him very highly.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 01-28-2013 at 06:41 PM.

heartbroken....do you think Cruz is just a product of the system? i mean we loved SS now look at him

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    You reckon Phillips returns? Hopefully his injury history has lowered his market value somewhat. Bennett, I'm not positive they can retain, either. Teams which actually utilise the position through the air could value him very highly.
    I'm just listing players that very well could command decent contracts from us. Unfortunately, I too have a bad feeling that they'll let KP walk. Sucks, because he's an excellent player when healthy and definitely allows us to do A LOT more on defense when he's not in the line up.

Bennett is also an excellent blocker, which makes him extremely valuable to us, too. Combine that with the dearth of depth we have currently (Pascoe and Robinson) and I'd say that it's very likely we will make every effort to re-sign him. I'd be fine with him getting a contract that averages $3m-$4.5m/yr, he's like having an offensive lineman that can also be a dangerous receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by dnotch121 View Post
    heartbroken....do you think Cruz is just a product of the system? i mean we loved SS now look at him
    No. Nor has Cruz undergone microfracture surgery on his knee. So, there's that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by dnotch121 View Post
    He made a record ten catches in the Pro Bowl from 3 different QBs. That would indicate he's not a product of the system
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He made a record ten catches in the Pro Bowl from 3 different QBs. That would indicate he's not a product of the system
    Well, it isn't like they really play tight defense. But, still, it's an impresive feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Well, it isn't like they really play tight defense. But, still, it's an impresive feat.
    I guess it's more like he doesn't NEED Eli to be successful but I prefer he play with Eli for several years to come
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

i would feel bad

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I guess it's more like he doesn't NEED Eli to be successful but I prefer he play with Eli for several years to come
    Truer words have never been spoken.

+ Reply to Thread