+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people think Cruz is easily replaceable?

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Truer words have never been spoken.
    Reese is going to figure it out
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Reese is going to figure it out
    I sure hope so. I hope it happens before he hits the market, that should keep the money down a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I sure hope so. I hope it happens before he hits the market, that should keep the money down a little bit.
    It's been quiet, which is usually a good sign.

We freak out because we don't understand how it all fits together. Reese does this for a lving and knows things we can only guess at, like who he intends to release.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-28-2013 at 09:00 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Webster, Tuck and Diehl come off the books next year, there could be a bit more room to move.
    Yeah but won't they have to take care of JPP and Joseph too? Hope they can keep Nicks and Cruz but it just seems like they are both going to get paid well and they have other players that will need to be taken care of as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    How do you "know" what he's asking for?
    The answer?............. Just like the rest of us, you have no idea.
    These are not public negotiations.
    Obviously he's asking for money the Giants think is too much because he still has no deal after saying in an interview back in the middle of the season that the structure of the deal was already worked out! clean the crap out of your ears, because Cruz has stated many times that he considers himself among the top receivers in the NFL, and last time I checked, they all make "great player" money! But then again, you are smarter than everyone else, but thats just dumb **** me calling you smart....and according to you, i don't know **** anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    Obviously he's asking for money the Giants think is too much because he still has no deal after saying in an interview back in the middle of the season that the structure of the deal was already worked out! clean the crap out of your ears, because Cruz has stated many times that he considers himself among the top receivers in the NFL, and last time I checked, they all make "great player" money! But then again, you are smarter than everyone else, but thats just dumb **** me calling you smart....and according to you, i don't know **** anyway.
    He said he sees himself as one of the top receivers in the NFL? He really said that out of his own mouth? Please show me where he said that.

And just because they structured a deal, doesn't mean they were talking about contract negotiations and actual prices. Why would the Giants do that before FA and the draft?.

Also, stop blasting other people just because they don't agree with your opinions.
    Uh..go Giants?

Read the articles, not just the headlines. Neither Cruz, his management, nor the Giants have floated any numbers. Any dollar values that have been bandied about have been pure speculation.

The only fact in this matter is that the Giants haven't re-signed him yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Read the articles, not just the headlines. Neither Cruz, his management, nor the Giants have floated any numbers. Any dollar values that have been bandied about have been pure speculation.

The only fact in this matter is that the Giants haven't re-signed him yet.
    Some of you need to read this, and comprehend it.
    Uh..go Giants?

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Some of you need to read this, and comprehend it.
    Don't think anyone says they know for sure but the odds are that he wants to get paid well. It's just the nature of the business.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...qMvKqFlZLrp39M

Ok I know we have all seen this article before. And I know it just speculates what Cruz will ask for. But if you look again in the middle of the article where it lists the contracts of a few other WR's, all of which Cruz compares to very favorably, you have to think he is going to be looking for similar money. Honestly, if he wasn't then his agent is doing a bad job. Face it, I think they will sign him, but it's going to cost a lot.

+ Reply to Thread