+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 LastLast

Thread: Why do people think Cruz is easily replaceable?

Quote Originally Posted by pathas View Post
    Corey will be back next year for his final year. I think he will have a good year- unless we run up against Flacco. Thomas, Amakamura, Webster and Hosley - I think this is a good group of cb's.
    Thomas is coming off of his 3rd ACL
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    It's a disease
    Let's find the cure
    Uh..go Giants?

Veteran
    and that sucks too. I guess I was being overly optimistic. Thomas is short term. Gints in a world of hurt. No depth at corner. Talking about letting KP go so safety position iffy. Linebacker problems. OL weaknesses. Cruz leaving. Eli failing. Ahmad B hurt. Cap problems. DC ineptitude. I think I'll go have a drink.

Veteran
    man - now I know why I haven't been on the MB for a while.

My response if he leaves? Business is business and not to be taken personal. In the free agency era, Probably like 10% of the players that make it to their 2nd contract finish with the teams that they started with. It would suck, but I'm not going to be mad at him and want his first born dead like some of our fans did when Steve Smith left. It would suck if he left, but I'm not going let it ruin my life.
    Close or you hit the bricks

I don't think he is at all, in fact I'm really worried we are going to lose him.

I honestly think Eli can throw to anyone who can stay healthy and put in reps with him. Nicks is without a doubt Giants #1. Cruz does his thing, when not scared to get hit, which will only get worst for him. As long as Eli has coverage/time it doesn't matter who's catching, but right now with Nicks and Randle, I personally rather see the o-line built than pay Cruz to much or to put it in another way, what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAE View Post
    I honestly think Eli can throw to anyone who can stay healthy and put in reps with him. Nicks is without a doubt Giants #1. Cruz does his thing, when not scared to get hit, which will only get worst for him. As long as Eli has coverage/time it doesn't matter who's catching, but right now with Nicks and Randle, I personally rather see the o-line built than pay Cruz to much or to put it in another way, what he wants.
    But Nicks is one of those who wasn't healthy and Cruz has lead all receivers in 2011 and 2012. What have you seen from Randle that makes you think he can replace Cruz? How much is Cruz asking for?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

It will suck WHEN we lose Cruz. I don't see how he stays

even if we resign Cruz, this is our last year with both he and nicks at receiver.

I don't see Cruz resigning, he could want 8-10 million a year. Even if he does resign, then we won't keep Nicks. Who would you rather resign, Cruz or Nicks?

IMO, It's more likely we have neither Cruz or Nicks in 2014 than keeping them both, I'd rather see Cruz stay, guy has more big play ability and stays healthy. I think Randle could fill in nicely if Nicks left
    Last edited by gmenfan0488; 01-29-2013 at 10:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread