+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    What has Jernigan showed you so far to make you think so?
    not much as far as a WR YET...but i think that has to do with the fact he barely gets any playing time. He was drafted to play the slot, not knowing what we had in Cruz at the time. I think he will be a pretty good player when given the chance, It's just my opinion. He fast as hell, and hes exciting with the ball in his hands. I know this is the NFL, but go watch some of his college tape

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    There is no one on our roster who can replace Cruz and bringing someone in starts the Eli chemistry clock at 00. Better to sign him than any of the alternatives.
    completely agree with you, I'm not saying to not sign Cruz, I think the kid is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    I hope this doesn't happen because he is an important part of the future but stranger things have happened and what will your feelings be if Reese is forced to lose him...
    We've done plenty time before, so it wouldn't surprise me.
    "In Reese, We No Longer Trust"

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    I hope this doesn't happen because he is an important part of the future but stranger things have happened and what will your feelings be if Reese is forced to lose him...
    If the Giants lose Cruz, Reese deserves to be condemned to listening to Rex Ryan press conferences endlessly through headphones glued to his ears for eternity!
    And I'm telling you right now, they're not going to be able to keep both Cruz AND Nicks.

Thanks for everything Victor, we will miss .....now its Reuben Randle time!

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    not much as far as a WR YET...but i think that has to do with the fact he barely gets any playing time. He was drafted to play the slot, not knowing what we had in Cruz at the time. I think he will be a pretty good player when given the chance, It's just my opinion. He fast as hell, and hes exciting with the ball in his hands. I know this is the NFL, but go watch some of his college tape
    I understand what you're saying, but I want to see what he's done in the NFL, not in college.
    I thought we had something special!!!

Wait hold on, so Cruz who has PROVEN to be an elite receiver should go, because HOPEFULLY other guys like Jernigan and Barden who have proven to not play up to expectations are going to step up? I agree that he can't get paid like like a number one receiver, but to say he's easily replaceable and other guys can mimick his success is absolutely absurd.
    Not to worry, my Crystal Ball predicts Cruz is a Giants next season.

I thought I would just take a sec. to remind everyone that Cruz is not worth 10mil/year. And if push comes t shove, we can be a productive offense without him.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Not to worry, my Crystal Ball predicts Cruz is a Giants next season.

I thought I would just take a sec. to remind everyone that Cruz is not worth 10mil/year. And if push comes t shove, we can be a productive offense without him.
    I think he's worth it, but we can't pay him that much. SOOOO hopefully he understands and him and Reese can negotiate.

I understand what you're saying, but I want to see what he's done in the NFL, not in college.
    I agree with that, but he can't get on the field with a healthy and very good Cruz in front of him. He's not gonna play out wide like Hakeem, Randle, Barden, Hixon..he is a slot reciever. He was getting worked into the offense a little more towards the end of the year in 4 WR sets

Why do people think Cruz is easily replaceable?

I'm not going to pull up his stats because I'm sure most of you know how elite his numbers are.
    I've seen many people say that Jernigan or Barden will step up in his place..what? In what way? I barely see Jernigan play and Barden played one good game out of the four years he's been here.

I understand giving guys a chance to play and step up, but to just assume that they can perform at the same level Cruz has performed is absurd.