+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    If the Giants lose Cruz, Reese deserves to be condemned to listening to Rex Ryan press conferences endlessly through headphones glued to his ears for eternity!
    And I'm telling you right now, they're not going to be able to keep both Cruz AND Nicks.
    What you have said makes sense. Yet they should be able to keep both cause both players help each other out . Usualy, I say that there should be at least 3 good receivers on the field at the same time so we have to look at the second and third options. More good receivers on the field at the same time would be appreciated but at least 3 good receivers on the field at the same time is the right amount every offense should have so that the qb has options. Cruz has weakness and he should know this. He also should think about his team and teamates.

Jerry Rice was a great receiver but look at what else he had on the field with him in the days of the 49ers. He had about 2 other receivers able to get open. Cruz had a down year and could have had more yards and tds if Nicks was healthy. Look at the game against the Bucs. Yet if the Giants are unable to take care of the other receivers, Cruz is going to do little way less if he gets a good paycheck if the Giants are unable to replace the other receivers.

If he leaves for more money and the Giants don't have enough to keep him, then Cruz is about money more than the team. That may not be a bad thing and that is what he wanted if he does leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I think he's worth it, but we can't pay him that much. SOOOO hopefully he understands and him and Reese can negotiate.
    Thats where we differ. Cruz is not worth top dollar. (Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Calvin Johnson...etc.)

I'd pay Cruz realistically somewhere around 6-7mil/year regardless of the structure. He's just not big enough of a guy (height and weight) to be "that type" of elite receiver.

He's not easily replaceable.

It just hurts a bit less to assume these other guys can step up (if indeed Cruz decides to walk).

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Thats where we differ. Cruz is not worth top dollar. (Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Calvin Johnson...etc.)

I'd pay Cruz realistically somewhere around 6-7mil/year regardless of the structure. He's just not big enough of a guy (height and weight) to be "that type" of elite receiver.
    What does height have to do with posting elite numbers? Yes, he has elite numbers.
    His two seasons combined are better than A.J. Green's two seasons, whom by the way is 6'4.

Say that Giants gave him a lot of money and do not have enough money to keep other talent, then is Cruz worth it? Will he stil perform at a high level?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Say that Giants gave him a lot of money and do not have enough money to keep other talent, then is Cruz worth it? Will he stil perform at a high level?
    I highly doubt the Giants will give him too much money. They aren't stupid.

I know our cap situation and understand that Cruz can't get paid top money (hopefully he doesn't ask for that much). I'm talking about the "We got Rueben Randle, let Cruz walk!!".

I think a lot of people think that in the Giants system Eli can succeed with whoever is in the slot. First Steve Smith and now Cruz. Both guys didn't show up with pro bowl expectations. I'm not saying that these people are right, but they may not be wrong either.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I think a lot of people think that in the Giants system Eli can succeed with whoever is in the slot. First Steve Smith and now Cruz. Both guys didn't show up with pro bowl expectations. I'm not saying that these people are right, but they may not be wrong either.
    I think the problem I'm having is that I haven't seen Jernigan or Barden make enough noise to be considered a replacement for Cruz.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    But that's not the OP's question. He's/she's right--in anticipation of the possibility (but not the probability ) of Cruz going elsewhere for more money, there are some on this board who are trying to justify the loss by undermining Cruz's talent and contributions to Giants offense this past season. Ridiculous arguments, but there you are. And the reason for Rudyy's thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I highly doubt the Giants will give him too much money. They aren't stupid.

I know our cap situation and understand that Cruz can't get paid top money (hopefully he doesn't ask for that much). I'm talking about the "We got Rueben Randle, let Cruz walk!!".
    Only if he wants too much money that the Giants can't contain players or get new talent. Yes Cruz can be replace but the replacement might be greater or less. Yet more talent on the field at the same time even if not great is better than one man.