+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    But that's not the OP's question. He's/she's right--in anticipation of the possibility (but not the probability ) of Cruz going elsewhere for more money, there are some on this board who are trying to justify the loss by undermining Cruz's talent and contributions to Giants offense this past season. Ridiculous arguments, but there you are. And the reason for Rudyy's thread.
    Very well put.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

i would much rather have Cruz than try to replace him! i think Reese will sign him to a fair contract!

Barden has never shown anything so its not conceivable he will step up to Cruzs level!

noone knows if Jernigan will break out in 2013 or not but even if he does he wont approach Cruz numbers imo!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Only if he wants too much money that the Giants can't contain players or get new talent. Yes Cruz can be replace but the replacement might be greater or less. Yet more talent on the field at the same time even if not great is better than one man.
    If Cruz is asking for more than we can give him, then I can kind of see him looking elsewhere. I don't think that will happen (I hope it doesn't) but the NFL is a business, I get it.

Starter
    Cruz might be "just" a slot receiver, but where does it say a team can't use a guy like him. Letting him go would be a big mistake.

Veteran
    Meh.. People thought Steve Smith was irreplaceable... It's a system offense.. You can plug players in and out as long as you have the talent

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    Meh.. People thought Steve Smith was irreplaceable... It's a system offense.. You can plug players in and out as long as you have the talent
    So Cruz is only good because of the system he plays in?

Who said he was easily replaceable?

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    I did.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    Some people have suggested that he's a system player and can be replaced with X player.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Thats where we differ. Cruz is not worth top dollar. (Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Calvin Johnson...etc.)

I'd pay Cruz realistically somewhere around 6-7mil/year regardless of the structure. He's just not big enough of a guy (height and weight) to be "that type" of elite receiver.
    He may not be elite, but he had back to back 1,000 yard seasons in his first two playing years. Size isn't indicative of anything, ask Barden
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80