+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Individually? Absolutely not. I really don't see anyone else on the roster who is going to post 1000+ yards all by themselves whether it's receiving or rushing.

In a group effort? Probably. Eli will just have to spread the ball to more targets in the offense for the passing game and we'll need better production from the run game. We might not salvage all of Cruz's production but we would spread around at least 75% of it around imo.
    Last edited by TheEnigma; 01-27-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    He's not easily replaceable.

It just hurts a bit less to assume these other guys can step up (if indeed Cruz decides to walk).
    Cruz won't walk, he will be sent away
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    Meh.. People thought Steve Smith was irreplaceable... It's a system offense.. You can plug players in and out as long as you have the talent
    Who else on the team has Cruz's talent?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    Who said he was easily replaceable?
    A number of people

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Who else on the team has Cruz's talent?
    ​RUEBEN RANDLE, JERNIGAN, AND BARDEN BECAUSE HE'S TALL.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    ​RUEBEN RANDLE, JERNIGAN, AND BARDEN BECAUSE HE'S TALL.
    Some just like to take the shovel against the tide approach, others don't like other people's success, and still others just have no clue.

As soon as Cruz does or doesn't have a deal here, we will be entertained by how stupid Reese was whichever way this goes.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    Meh.. People thought Steve Smith was irreplaceable... It's a system offense.. You can plug players in and out as long as you have the talent
    I def think that there is some truth to this but it's hard to think he put together back to back season like that just because of our system.

Starter
    In theory EVERY player is replaceable. JPP can be replaced, Eli can be replaced, Nicks could be replaced etc.

But just because someone could be replaced, doesn't mean it would be a wise move. Cruz has found a comfort zone with the Giants, he has develop great chemistry with the QB and is an ultimate professional.

Posting back to back 1,000 yard seasons is not easy. I don't care if you think if he's a system player or not, Cruz is an important piece to this offense and jump started our 2011 Super Bowl run.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I'm not going to pull up his stats because I'm sure most of you know how elite his numbers are.
    I've seen many people say that Jernigan or Barden will step up in his place..what? In what way? I barely see Jernigan play and Barden played one good game out of the four years he's been here.

I understand giving guys a chance to play and step up, but to just assume that they can perform at the same level Cruz has performed is absurd.
    Cause he's a JOHN BROWN slot receiver who wants Top receiver money, and if he didn't want top receiver money or haven't stated it then we would not be having this debate.

People are so sentimental over players sheesh...