+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Please provide evidence where he said (not some beat writer) that he wants top dollar money. Thanks.
    If he doesn't want that huge contract wouldn't he have signed one right now, duh!
    It's not like contract talks just started yesterday this has been going on since during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Smith&Nicks View Post
    If he doesn't want that huge contract wouldn't he have signed one right now, duh!
    It's not like contract talks just started yesterday this has been going on since during the season.
    That's not how it works..
    Uh..go Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    That's not how it works..
    It's obvious he wants more money than the Giants are willing to pay him. Otherwise, we wouldn't be having this debate.

you know how it works? what are you Cruz's agent? tell him im still waiting on a Retweet lol.

Contract talks have been ongoing, he got offers, I am sure he probably rejected those offers cause they were not up to par with the going rate in the league for a 2 time 1000 yard receiver, I love cruz like any other but you have to chose when it comes to these situations cap room for the betterment of the team or the player for the betterment of the JOHN BROWN team.

you are just to attached missy

Reese doesn't jump, he navigates. He's dealing with 20+ in-house free agents. The only easy ones are the ERFA's who have to take or leave vet minimum and if they leave it, they exit the NFL.

No contract is done in a vacuum when CAP space is tight, which it always is for us. Reese has to put all the pieces of the puzzle together and make Cruz the best offer he can. Cruz doesn't seem to me to be one to make outlandish demands. He knows what he has in the team, his roots and other business ventures are local.

There are no guarantees in life, but I'd be surprised if Reese and Cruz don't agree on a long term deal.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-27-2013 at 03:24 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    If we have to give up Cruz to ensure Beatty stays and we get a competent O-line, then yes, I do believe that the 1000 yard dropoff in production could be made up spread across receivers. Remember that Cruz has gotten the production he has with the absolute crappiest O-line the Giants have ever had these past 2 years. With an O-line worth a damn and Eli being able to focus more on finding the open receiver than worrying about the pass rush all the time, he'd be able to be a lot more lethal with a lot less in the way of weaponry...

That said, I hope Cruz stays.
    Ding! logic prevails

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    If we have to give up Cruz to ensure Beatty stays and we get a competent O-line, then yes, I do believe that the 1000 yard dropoff in production could be made up spread across receivers. Remember that Cruz has gotten the production he has with the absolute crappiest O-line the Giants have ever had these past 2 years. With an O-line worth a damn and Eli being able to focus more on finding the open receiver than worrying about the pass rush all the time, he'd be able to be a lot more lethal with a lot less in the way of weaponry...

That said, I hope Cruz stays.
    Beatty really is the underrated #1 priority in my opinion too. LT is arguably the 3rd most important position in today's league (you can look at how often they are drafted in the 1st round in the modern NFL). With the exception of some harmful holding penalties, the guy played at a top 5 level and also has really nice run blocking for a LT. If we lose him, we'd pretty much be forced to take one in the 1st this year unless we want to go back to the Diehl saga.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Reese doesn't jump, he navigates. He's dealing with 20+ in-house free agents. The only easy ones are the ERFA's who have to take or leave vet minimum and if they leave it, they exit the NFL.

No contract is done in a vacuum when CAP space is tight, which it always is for us. Reese has to put all the pieces of the puzzle together and make Cruz the best offer he can. Cruz doesn't seem to me to be one to make outlandish demands. He knows what he has in the team, his roots and other business ventures are local.

There are no guarantees in life, but I'd be surprised if Reese and Cruz don't agree on a long term deal.
    Every person is not the same and Reese maybe figured it out already. He has got to look at the players down the line cause time is going to pass and more contracts will need to be made or players let go if there is no agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post

I would be surprised to, but you are not going to tell me based off interview a smile and some salsa dances; You know off merit cruz is not that type of guy to want a big pay day. frankly we do not know what cruz is aking for right, but a organizational friendly contract is not that cause its common sense, that's the first offer put on the table, and Cruz would of signed that by now. its logical to deduct that and then reason that he wants more, whats more? is the question and it's only fair to say more is alot.

It's obvious he wants more money than the Giants are willing to pay him. Otherwise, we wouldn't be having this debate.

you know how it works? what are you Cruz's agent? tell him im still waiting on a Retweet lol.

Contract talks have been ongoing, he got offers, I am sure he probably rejected those offers cause they were not up to par with the going rate in the league for a 2 time 1000 yard receiver, I love cruz like any other but you have to chose when it comes to these situations cap room for the betterment of the team or the player for the betterment of the JOHN BROWN team.

This thread has nothing to do with contract talks.
    This has to do with his skill set and other players replicating his success.
    And your last sentence is silly.
    Uh..go Giants?

I would be very surprised if Reese has already made an offer. He has a lot of work to do and no one else can offer Cruz a dime until March 12th.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1