+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    If Cruz is asking for more than we can give him, then I can kind of see him looking elsewhere. I don't think that will happen (I hope it doesn't) but the NFL is a business, I get it.
    this is you right?
    case rested

Quote Originally Posted by Smith&Nicks View Post
    you asked can i provide link to where Cruz said he deserves this? right
    I responded right ?
    you and others responded in line with that post about contract talks right?
    so now like some posts before me were talking about contract talks?
    Its a conversation sweetheart it evolves, keep up.
    I'm just saying the point of this post wasn't about contract negotiations.
    Sure it may have evolved into ludicrous discussion as most threads on here do.

Let's go.

Quote Originally Posted by Smith&Nicks View Post
    this is you right?
    case rested
    I believe that says "Rudyy" at the top, yes that is me.

Let's go.

I believe that says "Rudyy" at the top, yes that is me.
    nice comeback

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Cruz doesnt have to be dealt with longterm either until next year...we can tender him.
    True, but that makes it almost a certainty that Nicks or Cruz won't be here after 2013 due to CAP restrictions
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    97/1350/11 is better than Cruz, and he's the only option on the Bengals.
    (AJ Green's stats last year)
    I said the first two years.

Let's go.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    No I agree with you that no one on the roster really offers what Cruz does at the moment. Jernigan is probably the closest thing but he's more of a Randall Cobb type than a slot receiver in the mold of Cruz. I just think the offense could work as a collective unit to pick up the majority of the slack and it happens all the time in football when a player goes down or a superstar moves on.
    You mean like how we saw about 1000 less receiving yards in 2012 vs 2011 when Nicks missed 3 games and under performed for several games after returning? These other receivers had their chances--many chances. What we saw was a good game from Randle, a good game from Barden, a good game from Hixon. As #3 and #4 receivers, they all had good moments intermittantly throughout the season, with Hixon being the most consistent when called upon.

But none of them showed any justification for this ridiculous argument that the Giants "system" will compensate for a potential loss of Cruz.

What makes this argument especially rich is that there have been so many, many threads here vilifying Gilbride--the coach most responsible for Giants' offensive "system" that would compensate for a loss of Cruz. YIKES!!

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    . What we saw was a good game from Randle, a good game from Barden, a good game from Hixon. As #3 and #4 receivers, they all had good moments intermittantly throughout the season, with Hixon being the most consistent when called upon.

!
    what does that tell you? They shouldnt have let nicks play injured because when he sat out guys like randel and barden stepped up.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    You mean like how we saw about 1000 less receiving yards in 2012 vs 2011 when Nicks missed 3 games and under performed for several games after returning? These other receivers had their chances--many chances. What we saw was a good game from Randle, a good game from Barden, a good game from Hixon. As #3 and #4 receivers, they all had good moments intermittantly throughout the season, with Hixon being the most consistent when called upon.

But none of them showed any justification for this ridiculous argument that the Giants "system" will compensate for a potential loss of Cruz.

What makes this argument especially rich is that there have been so many, many threads here vilifying Gilbride--the coach most responsible for Giants' offensive "system" that would compensate for a loss of Cruz. YIKES!!
    462 of those lost 1000 yards were placed into the run game instead this year and that doesn't even factor into possible ToP differences between the seasons and the argument that we relied too much upon a hobbled Nicks and Bradshaw when it was obvious they shouldn't have even played. There were games Nicks struggled to make any separation because of his knee and foot injuries. The situation was definitely salvageable.

Veteran
    So Cruz is only good because of the system he plays in?
    No, Cruz is a good receiver that BENEFITS from the system he's in. There were people saying he should be making top 5 WR money like Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald.. that is INSANE

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Who else on the team has Cruz's talent?
    Dominek Hixon is one, Rueben Randle has the talent as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TomCat_FIN View Post
    In theory EVERY player is replaceable. JPP can be replaced, Eli can be replaced, Nicks could be replaced etc.

But just because someone could be replaced, doesn't mean it would be a wise move. Cruz has found a comfort zone with the Giants, he has develop great chemistry with the QB and is an ultimate professional.
    Thanks for proving my point. Through the multiple games Nicks was out, several different receivers stepped up in his absence, and there is no question Nicks is the better receiver than Cruz. But you can't compare that to JPP and others on defense because in the offense, everything is based on timing and being in the right spot and making the right reads.

Listen, I'm not saying Cruz isn't a good receiver or important to the offense. All I'm saying is that he's not "irreplaceable", and not someone you should overpay when someone could step in his slot.