+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Will suck if he's gone.... if another team winds up signing him for 7mil or less a year I will be furious. If he goes somewhere and its an enormous 9-10 mil or higher deal then I'd say the Giants hands were tied.
    "...gently down the loser stream!!"

--80--

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    hes a restricted FA so either way we will not come out empty handed this year. If he does out price himself to THE ONLY TEAM that gave him a shot then the hell with him. He needs to keep the Steve Smith ordeal in the back of his head.
    You can't compare the two situations. Smith was offered a lucrative contract long before his existing contract expired, then he got injured. Cruz owes the Giants nothing but his best effort on the field and he has given them that.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Congrats to the other team that gets him.

hes a restricted FA so either way we will not come out empty handed this year. If he does out price himself to THE ONLY TEAM that gave him a shot then the hell with him. He needs to keep the Steve Smith ordeal in the back of his head.
    Cruz's situation is not remotely similar to Steve Smith's.

I respect your opinion Roanoke, but i disagree. We were the only team to give this kid a shot...if Jerry Reese makes him a fair offer and he out prices himself asking for Calvin Johnson type money then i think that's wrong.

and i wasn't comparing the two situations. I meant if he leaves for mega money his career might take a downfall as he won't have Eli throwing him the ball anymore. Just like Smith's career took a ****

GET WELL SOON

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Congrats to the other team that gets him.
    Hopefully in the NFC East as a constant reminder of what might have been.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I respect your opinion Roanoke, but i disagree. We were the only team to give this kid a shot...if Jerry Reese makes him a fair offer and he out prices himself asking for Calvin Johnson type money then i think that's wrong. and i wasn't comparing the two situations. I meant if he leaves for mega money his career might take a downfall as he won't have Eli throwing him the ball anymore. Just like Smith's career took a ****

Other teams, including the Jets were salivating when we had to bring in an emergency kicker which should have sent Cruz to the waiver wire. He'd had a minor hamstring issue so they were able to put him on IR for which they were investigated. Cruz wants to be here, but why should he take a one year deal at $2+M if there is a team willing to sign him long term for 5 times that amount for 4/5 years?
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-26-2013 at 06:15 PM.

# 80

my own feelings on this are that Cruz is a definite star in this league and will command big bucks just like any other high producing player and for that reason if I were him I would follow the money trail just like everybody else does. We have to remember that sometimes a players window for the big bucks is only there until the next injury and then it could be closed forever and then everything is what might have been. I want him to stay because we need him but if he walks I hope I will understand...

I think if he goes to another team he could be exposed as another one of those guys who fit into this system and was complimented by the guys around him. He could very well be a flop elsewhere. He has definite value for the Giants; but if they lose him and still have Nicks and Randle, I don't see the end of the world. There's a reason Cruz went undrafted, and other teams saw his production when Nicks was playing when he shouldn't have been. If some other team throws big money at him, unfortunately we've got to let him go. We'll get some compensation in the draft, and we'll move on.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    I think if he goes to another team he could be exposed as another one of those guys who fit into this system and was complimented by the guys around him. He could very well be a flop elsewhere. He has definite value for the Giants; but if they lose him and still have Nicks and Randle, I don't see the end of the world. There's a reason Cruz went undrafted, and other teams saw his production when Nicks was playing when he shouldn't have been. If some other team throws big money at him, unfortunately we've got to let him go. We'll get some compensation in the draft, and we'll move on.
    The reason he went undrafted wasn't because of his skill level.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.