+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 62 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people think Cruz is easily replaceable?

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    He's not replaceable at all, but if he's asking for money that the Giants can't afford to pay him, he's going to leave and the decision to leave will be all his!
    Cruz pisses me off, because the Giants gave him a shot, stuck with him even though he was running wrong routes, missing blitz pick ups and dropping balls when he first started, and he's allowed his success to totally go to his head!
    He's a good player, asking for "great player" money. He had 2 solid seasons but he's not a top flight receiver in the Mega Tron class. He's not even as good as a healthy Nicks!
    I want him to stay, but not at any price because he still had too many big time drops in big games to be asking for the Giants to empty the bank for him.
    How do you "know" what he's asking for?
    The answer?............. Just like the rest of us, you have no idea.
    These are not public negotiations.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    With our crap offense line? Lynch would average 1 yard a carry. The whole notion of it's the RB that makes the oline not the other way around is a load of crap.
    Not necessarily... Bradshaw managed to finish with 4.6 ypc, one of the better marks for the year. He finished above guys like Ray Rice and Arian Foster.

Of course, Bradshaw's stats are slightly skewed, thanks to him playing fewer games...
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    He's a good player, asking for "great player" money. He had 2 solid seasons but he's not a top flight receiver in the Mega Tron class. He's not even as good as a healthy Nicks!
    There's only one guy in the Megatron class...

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Not necessarily... Bradshaw managed to finish with 4.6 ypc, one of the better marks for the year. He finished above guys like Ray Rice and Arian Foster.

Of course, Bradshaw's stats are slightly skewed, thanks to him playing fewer games...

There's only one guy in the Megatron class...
    Hmm true. He did have a few pretty good games. I guess what I expect is at least 3-4 yards consistently. gains of 0, 1, 0 and then 20 don't do it for me, even if it equals 5 yards a carry.

Cruz may not even be a top 10 WR in this league let alone be in Calvin Johnson's class. Off the top of my head, Fitz, Calvin J, Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Roddy White, Julio Jones, Nicks, Vincent Jackson, Brandon Marshall, AJ Green, Dez Bryant. I'm not saying that they are all better, but I'd take the majority of those guys over Cruz.

All-Pro
    Bradshaw actually did have a good year. It was lost in everyone crying for Wilson to start.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Hmm true. He did have a few pretty good games. I guess what I expect is at least 3-4 yards consistently. gains of 0, 1, 0 and then 20 don't do it for me, even if it equals 5 yards a carry.

Cruz may not even be a top 10 WR in this league let alone be in Calvin Johnson's class. Off the top of my head, Fitz, Calvin J, Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Roddy White, Julio Jones, Nicks, Vincent Jackson, Brandon Marshall, AJ Green, Dez Bryant. I'm not saying that they are all better, but I'd take the majority of those guys over Cruz.

you would take steve smith even though hes 33
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    you would take steve smith even though hes 33
    He was more productive this year though.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    He was more productive this year though.
    cruz has been more productive since they've both been in the league starting.

~Big Mike~

All-Pro
    Cruz had a few more to yards last year and Smith had a few more yards this year. Smith also had a rookie QB throwing to him last year and he had a second year slump tis year.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Cruz had a few more to yards last year and Smith had a few more yards this year. Smith also had a rookie QB throwing to him last year and he had a second year slump tis year.
    86 catches for 1100 yards and 10 touchdowns is 1 heck of a slump

~Big Mike~

1092yds/10TDs for Cruz; 1174/4 for Smith

Last two years:
    Smith: 2568/11
    Cruz: 2628/19

+ Reply to Thread