+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 62 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Ok
    Why wouldn't he? Seriously, there is no reason for him not to. Don't blame him one bit for asking to get paid very well for what he does. No one plays in the NFL forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Why wouldn't he? Seriously, there is no reason for him not to. Don't blame him one bit for asking to get paid very well for what he does. No one plays in the NFL forever.
    Ok, we don't agree lol.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

All-Pro
    Yup. We don't agree a player would ask for a life changing amount of money he is due.

Yup. We don't agree a player would ask for a life changing amount of money he is due.
    Correct.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    hes a restricted FA so either way we will not come out empty handed this year. If he does out price himself to THE ONLY TEAM that gave him a shot then the hell with him. He needs to keep the Steve Smith ordeal in the back of his head.
    Why do you think he owes us because we were the only team to give him a shot? He totally outperformed his current contract and has earned the right to take the best contract offered to him. If he gets more from another team, simply thank him for his contributions and wish him well.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    you would take steve smith even though hes 33
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    What does steve smith bring over cruz?
    Toughness. The ability to make a catch in traffic with guys draped all over him. In Carolina, he was the only legitimate threat for the longest time. And yet, he still got it done. He'll get his clock cleaned and he'll get back up and go back through the middle again. You can't tell me you see Cruz doing that. The guy falls down on his own because he doesn't want to get hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    He might, I'm just not going to jump to conclusions and say he will since nobody knows.
    The job of the agent is to make his client the most money. Why would he stay here for less. He grew up a Cowboy fan, it's not like his life long dream was to play for the Giants. Not saying that he isn't thrilled now to be here, but he is going to do whatever gives him and his family the most security. And that's exactly what he should do.

Cruz had a few more to yards last year and Smith had a few more yards this year. Smith also had a rookie QB throwing to him last year and he had a second year slump tis year.
    So Cruz doesn't have a "second year slump" and yet he's just average
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    First of all to compare the value of Steve Smith, near the end of his career and Victor Cruz who is young, is nutty. Cruz has MUCH more value than Smith. And I think Steve Smith is tremendous.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the hang up wasn't so much the money but the years. I can see the team wanting to lock up Cruz for 5 years or so, and spreading it over a longer period. I can see Cruz wanting more up front money and possibly a shorter contract.
    It could come down to the guaranteed money over a longer period of time.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    So Cruz doesn't have a "second year slump" and yet he's just average
    He had an average season. What was so great about it?