+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Toughness. The ability to make a catch in traffic with guys draped all over him. In Carolina, he was the only legitimate threat for the longest time. And yet, he still got it done. He'll get his clock cleaned and he'll get back up and go back through the middle again. You can't tell me you see Cruz doing that. The guy falls down on his own because he doesn't want to get hit.
    What does "toughness" have to do with his numbers when he lead the team in both of his first two years of playing?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    He had an average season. What was so great about it?
    2011 # 4 WR in NFC and # 5 in NFL

2012 # 5 WR in NFC and # 10 in NFL

That's not average
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-28-2013 at 12:02 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Toughness. The ability to make a catch in traffic with guys draped all over him.
    No more talking. im just going to let the tape speak for itself. Then listen to the excuses.

1. watch from 0.40 seconds to 0.50 seconds.
    2. watch from 1:16 to 1:25
    3. watch from 1:35 to 1:40
    4. watch from 2:39 to 2:43
    5. watch from 3:10 to 3:20 ( this one is my favorite)

There are more plays like those from cruz which arent in this video.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 01-28-2013 at 11:47 AM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Any player could tear his ACL in any given season. If you went by that, and if teams didn't have a CBA to contend with, all player contracts would be 1 year- with- option- to- extend contracts.

And on what basis do you claim Nicks could be extended cheaper this off season than a new Cruz contract?

If Giants opted to go with a 1 year tender to Cruz instead of a fairly long term (4-6 year range) contract, it would be a cheap and offensive offer to Cruz, and would be uncharacteristic move on the part of the Giants. Short-sighted, as well.

In that regard, it is as cut and dried as I'm making it out to be. I've seen nothing from Reese and Mara the past 6 years to lead me to believe they would be that cheap and short-sighted. Now, if they let this go until FA and allow Cruz into the market, then anything is possible, and much of it is bad for the Giants.
    The Giants do try to stay away from tags/tenders if they can.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Hopefully if the Giants tender Cruz it's just to protect their bargaining position against other teams while trying to hammer out a long term deal with Cruz. I'd agree it'd be cheap and offensive if they tender him and then don't continue talks on a new deal, but I can't blame the Giants for wanting to protect their assets in case they can't come to terms with Cruz or another team blows any offer we can make out of the water.
    If the tender him with the understanding they will sign him to a long term deal before the regular season starts, that might work. Otherwise, the tender will be seen as a slap in the face given what he's done for this team in two years.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    2011 # 4 WR in NFC and # 5 in NFL

2012 # 5 in receiving in NFC and # 10 in NFL

That's not average
    I think one of the biggest misconceptions about Cruz is that he is a traditional wes welker type slot receiver who could only make plays by creating space. But that is not true.

Cruz is actually a hybrid that can play on the outside at a high level also, and has the ability to go up and snatch the football at its highest point. he is a good all around Receiver. His only real weak points is in run blocking and concentration.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 01-28-2013 at 11:55 AM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    No more talking. im just going to let the tape speak for itself. Then listen to the excuses.

1. watch from 0.40 seconds to 0.50 seconds.
    2. watch from 1:16 to 1:25
    3. watch from 1:35 to 1:40
    4. watch from 2:39 to 2:43
    5. watch from 3:10 to 3:20 ( this one is my favorite)

There are more plays like those from cruz which arent in this video.

You just proved he can't play in traffic and hits the turf to avoid being hit

# 80

I think one of the biggest misconceptions about Cruz is that he is a traditional wes welker type slot receiver who could only make plays by creating space. But that is not true.Cruz is actually a hybrid that can play on the outside at a high level also, and has the ability to go up and snatch the football at its highest point. he is a good all around Receiver. His only real weak points is in run blocking and concentration.
    Concentration is his biggest flaw, but that can be corrected.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Also, just because 1,000 yards is considered "average" I guess, doesn't mean it's not a great accomplishment. It's not easy having back to back 1,000 yard seasons in the slot.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

I think one of the biggest misconceptions about Cruz is that he is a traditional wes welker type slot receiver who could only make plays by creating space. But that is not true.

Cruz is actually a hybrid that can play on the outside at a high level also, and has the ability to go up and snatch the football at its highest point. he is a good all around Receiver. His only real weak points is in run blocking and concentration.
    A very fair assessment

# 80