+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people think Cruz is easily replaceable?

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You just proved he can't play in traffic and hits the turf to avoid being hit
    I have a question Roanoke.
    If a picture is worth 1000 words, then how much is a video worth?

i guess this is what i have to start doing from now on. I'm thinking of ordering the coaches all 22 version of NFL rewind next year and recording some of the footage in order to show people the X's and O's of whats really going on on the field each week. Is that illegal? If so i guess i will have to look for another solution but if its not i would be glad to do it.

The only thing that would bother me is if i actually show video evidence and people still deny the facts. Because then there is really nothing else a person could do lol
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 01-28-2013 at 12:05 PM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Any player could tear his ACL in any given season. If you went by that, and if teams didn't have a CBA to contend with, all player contracts would be 1 year- with- option- to- extend contracts.And on what basis do you claim Nicks could be extended cheaper this off season than a new Cruz contract?If Giants opted to go with a 1 year tender to Cruz instead of a fairly long term (4-6 year range) contract, it would be a cheap and offensive offer to Cruz, and would be uncharacteristic move on the part of the Giants. Short-sighted, as well. In that regard, it is as cut and dried as I'm making it out to be. I've seen nothing from Reese and Mara the past 6 years to lead me to believe they would be that cheap and short-sighted. Now, if they let this go until FA and allow Cruz into the market, then anything is possible, and much of it is bad for the Giants.
    I said nicks can probably be had cheaper this year as opposed to next as he was hurt all year and chances are he'll have a better year next year. As far as I'm concerned, nicks and cruz are in the same boat this offseason. They are virtually guaranteed to be on the team for cheap next season unless we extend one. We have no obligation to extend cruz now as opposed to later.

Veteran
    The Giants do try to stay away from tags/tenders if they can.
    Not true at all with regards to tenders. We tendered six guys in 2011 alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    I said nicks can probably be had cheaper this year as opposed to next as he was hurt all year and chances are he'll have a better year next year. As far as I'm concerned, nicks and cruz are in the same boat this offseason. They are virtually guaranteed to be on the team for cheap next season unless we extend one. We have no obligation to extend cruz now as opposed to later.
    Nicks isn't a FA this year but Cruz is. The CAP being what it is, we won't be able to sign both this year or next year. They need to do Cruz this year and Nicks next year.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    Nicks isn't a FA this year but Cruz is. The CAP being what it is, we won't be able to sign both this year or next year. They need to do Cruz this year and Nicks next year.
    Again there is no difference in extending nicks this year and cruz next year as opposed to what you said. Cruz's value is at a high and he can be kept for cheap this year. Nicks' value is currently about as low as it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Also, just because 1,000 yards is considered "average" I guess, doesn't mean it's not a great accomplishment. It's not easy having back to back 1,000 yard seasons in the slot.
    cruz had 86 catches, 1092 yards and 10 touchdowns. You know whats funny about this rudy? if he keeps having these "average" seasons for the next 10 or so years, he will go down as the best receiver to ever play for the giants. And if He plays long enough those average seasons could put him in the hall of fame
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 01-28-2013 at 12:21 PM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    cruz had 86 catches, 1092 yards and 10 touchdowns. You know whats funny about this rudy? if he keeps having these "average" seasons for the next 10 or so years, he will go down as the best receiver to ever play for the giants. And if He plays long enough those average seasons could put him in the hall of fame
    But you have to look at each game he played in not the whole year. In games when we really needed him, he did nothing. Against the Falcons, Cruz couldn't even score. He also didn't score against the Bengals and I also think the Raven's. All players need help from others like the O-line. The O-line was decent to cause if not, then Eli would have had a lot of yards. The ints were mostly on Eli making stupid decisions. He could have had more positive numbers if Nicks was healthy or Reuben or Hixon had a better year. I don't care what others say about MM, he went to a team that didn't have a good passing qb. Yet if he went to the Steelers, or Pats, he would have had way more yards and maybe tds and be a big time threat.

Say that Cruz still keeps on performing at a high rate. If we can't get other talents on the Giants roster and many have to leave, Cruz will be only the bright spot of the team.

Four mil to five mil is right for Cruz.

awesome!!!!

NOT a happy camper that's for shizzle

+ Reply to Thread