+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 62 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    You guys make me laugh. The whole situation has nothing to do with how replaceable Cruz is, whether he is or isn't replaceable.

The Giants will make a CAP-responsible offer to Cruz. The Giants cannot afford to offer big money, they are handiCAPped.
    Cruz's agent will not allow him to sign a CAP-responsible offer without testing his value as a RFA.
    Then it will be up to 31 other teams to decide what Cruz is worth on the open market.
    Finally, the Giants get to decide whether or not to match any offers.
    If it costs too much, Cruz will not be Giant next year.

Will 1 of 31 other teams offer too much for Cruz? I'm pretty sure that's going to happen.
    Thanks Mercury.

You guys make me laugh. The whole situation has nothing to do with how replaceable Cruz is, whether he is or isn't replaceable.

The Giants will make a CAP-responsible offer to Cruz. The Giants cannot afford to offer big money, they are handiCAPped.
    Cruz's agent will not allow him to sign a CAP-responsible offer without testing his value as a RFA.
    Then it will be up to 31 other teams to decide what Cruz is worth on the open market.
    Finally, the Giants get to decide whether or not to match any offers.
    If it costs too much, Cruz will not be Giant next year.

Will 1 of 31 other teams offer too much for Cruz? I'm pretty sure that's going to happen.
    I'll make a gentleman's wager with you on that.
    I don't see Cruz going anywhere. The team holds most of the cards due to the fact that he's a restricted FA. You rarely see a restricted FA going elsewhere. (unless another team is truly desperate)
    And I'm not sure how you quantify "cap friendly". If by "cap friendly" you mean we may try to defer some salary to help our situation early in the deal? Then Yes I agree. If by "cap friendly" you mean that we will low ball our offer?...Then I would disagree.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'll make a gentleman's wager with you on that.
    I don't see Cruz going anywhere. The team holds most of the cards due to the fact that he's a restricted FA. You rarely see a restricted FA going elsewhere. (unless another team is truly desperate)
    And I'm not sure how you quantify "cap friendly". If by "cap friendly" you mean we may try to defer some salary to help our situation early in the deal? Then Yes I agree. If by "cap friendly" you mean that we will low ball our offer?...Then I would disagree.
    I think the Giants will make a decent offer. But whatever they offer doesn't really matter up front. His agent will still test the waters, because there are teams with indecent money to spend. The advantage the Giants have is that they don't have to spend a draft pick to sign him since he is RFA. You can consider it a gentleman's bet, if you like. It won't be the first time I am wrong about something, just ask my wife.
    Do not feed the trolls.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    2011 # 4 WR in NFC and # 5 in NFL2012 # 5 WR in NFC and # 10 in NFLThat's not average
    Where are you getting that he was #10 in he NFL? He was #15 in yards and there are a bunch of other guys within a 100 yards of him. Getting 1,000 yards in today's NFL is not that big a deal especially when you are the teams #1 WR.

All-Pro
    If they do sign Cruz they better hope that Randle is the real deal because Nicks will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    If Randle is everything we think he is, then we won't lose Cruz, but Nicks instead. That being said, if we lose Cruz this year, then that means we get a 1st and a 3rd pick. I'm then hoping that Nicks stays healthy and we make a deal with Nicks instead. I'd be upset, but not devastated.
    We'll only get a 1st. The rules changed on tenders in the new CBA.

I think the Giants will make a decent offer. But whatever they offer doesn't really matter up front. His agent will still test the waters, because there are teams with indecent money to spend. The advantage the Giants have is that they don't have to spend a draft pick to sign him since he is RFA. You can consider it a gentleman's bet, if you like. It won't be the first time I am wrong about something, just ask my wife.
    Hah! Both of our wife can probably attest to our occasional "wrongness".
    Having to pay a big salary AND losing a 1st round pick is a huge price. I remember the Vikes paying it for Steve Hutchinson (actually I think it was more than a 1) but he' was the best guard in football.
    Get well soon 80.

Banned
    That has been argued in this thread. Not by you but it has been argued.

I said this several weeks ago. I see Cruz getting something like 4 years, $25 to $28M with something like $11 or $12M guaranteed.
    Cruz isn't an average WR, however for the amount of catches he made his numbers were average this past season in comparison to other players with a similar amount of receptions.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Cruz isn't an average WR, however for the amount of catches he made his numbers were average this past season in comparison to other players with a similar amount of receptions.
    Well catches are important, especially in a downfield scheme like ours. Its not like Eli is dumping the ball off to Cruz.
    He was high in catches, TD's AND yards. many WR's are high in one or two of those catagories, but few are high up in all 3.
    Get well soon 80.

Banned
    Well catches are important, especially in a downfield scheme like ours. Its not like Eli is dumping the ball off to Cruz.
    He was high in catches, TD's AND yards. many WR's are high in one or two of those catagories, but few are high up in all 3.
    Those are the stats I have been looking at. For example someone who has very similar numbers in all 3 of those categories this year is Mike Williams out of Tampa or Crabtree. I think both of those guys are good receivers however I don't consider them to be the creme of the crop. Don't get me wrong, I love Cruz, I just don't think the world is going to come crashing down if he somehow doesn't come back next year unlike some of the chicken little's on this board.