+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 62 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Hah! Both of our wife can probably attest to our occasional "wrongness".
    Having to pay a big salary AND losing a 1st round pick is a huge price. I remember the Vikes paying it for Steve Hutchinson (actually I think it was more than a 1) but he' was the best guard in football.
    Not to mention that despite entering his 4th year, he'll be turning 27 next season. Sure, WRs can play at a high level until their early-mid 30's before seeing a significant drop in play, but if I were to invest a 1st AND a contract in a guy, I'd like him to not be at the very end of his career at the end of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Those are the stats I have been looking at. For example someone who has very similar numbers in all 3 of those categories this year is Mike Williams out of Tampa or Crabtree. I think both of those guys are good receivers however I don't consider them to be the creme of the crop. Don't get me wrong, I love Cruz, I just don't think the world is going to come crashing down if he somehow doesn't come back next year unlike some of the chicken little's on this board.
    Hell I don't think we are going to go into an offensive tailspin or anything, we are too talented. I just don't understand how some can call Cruz average and replaceable. Replace him with whom? A rookie? Jernigan and Barden? Hoping Rueben Randle comes out and has a monster season?

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Hell I don't think we are going to go into an offensive tailspin or anything, we are too talented. I just don't understand how some can call Cruz average and replaceable. Replace him with whom? A rookie? Jernigan and Barden? Hoping Rueben Randle comes out and has a monster season?
    I actually look for Randle to have a big year next season. But we still need Cruz. He's too good a playmaker to lose.
    Will we fall apart? Probably not.
    But if we've had a lot of folks hear excusing Eli's problems this season due to Nicks injury, can you imagine what they'll say if we let Cruz go?

They would have to have one Mod dedicated just to locking all the threads,
    Get well soon 80.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I'd imagine we would use Hixon in the slot if Cruz isn't back. Barden has no business being in slot, JJ is a possibility as well depending on how far along he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Again there is no difference in extending nicks this year and cruz next year as opposed to what you said. Cruz's value is at a high and he can be kept for cheap this year. Nicks' value is currently about as low as it could be.
    I believe you underestimate Nicks' value.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    I'd imagine we would use Hixon in the slot if Cruz isn't back. Barden has no business being in slot, JJ is a possibility as well depending on how far along he is.
    WR's who can get open in the NFL don't grow on trees. The kid will be very tough to replace and our offense will take a hit as a product.
    The only real question is how much of a hit.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    If they do sign Cruz they better hope that Randle is the real deal because Nicks will be gone.
    Where is Nicks going?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Where is Nicks going?
    Maybe he's moving to Montana soon...I become a dental floss tycoon.
    Get well soon 80.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    WR's who can get open in the NFL don't grow on trees. The kid will be very tough to replace and our offense will take a hit as a product.
    The only real question is how much of a hit.
    Where did I say that he is easily replaceable? I clearly pointed out that I would like him back, clearly the best option and wouldn't even be a question if we weren't having salary cap issues.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Where is Nicks going?
    I think he's saying that if we give Cruz a big payday this year, we won't be able to afford to give Nicks his next year.