+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 614

Thread: Why do people think Cruz is easily replaceable?

  1. #481
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,371
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Where is Nicks going?
    If Cruz is signed tis year he is getting paid well. He is not playing for cheap because he likes it here. So how exactly will they sign Nicks the next season? Don't forget about JPP and Joseph soon after that.

  2. #482
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Production and performance are different things.
    So what was so impressive this season other than the Washington game? He was solid all year so this is not a knock on him. His season was ok.

  3. #483
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Well 15 guys had more yards than him and a bunch where within 100 yards of him so that stat is average. The 10 TD's was a good number and no, that does not imply that he is average. He just had an average season.
    He had an average season for a top WR. If you say there are 64 starting WR's in the NFL, it would be silly to say that his season was average.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  4. #484
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    He had an average season for a top WR. If you say there are 64 starting WR's in the NFL, it would be silly to say that his season was average.
    What made it above average?

  5. #485
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    What made it above average?
    Top 15 in yards. Top 10 in catches. Top 10 in TD's.
    The math is what it is. If you consider that there are at least 64 starting WR's in the NFL (and there are more) that makes his season WELL above average.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  6. #486
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Top 15 in yards. Top 10 in catches. Top 10 in TD's.
    The math is what it is. If you consider that there are at least 64 starting WR's in the NFL (and there are more) that makes his season WELL above average.
    Average receivers also don't see double and triple teams as much as Cruz did this past seasons.

  7. #487
    I have no way of knowing who is responsible for handing the cap for the Giants, do they have a person whose only job is finding ways of handling the cap or does it all fall on Jerry Reese. Whoever is responsible for this mess needs to hand over the job to someone else because they obviously aren't doing it well because this team is in cap hell for the second straight year and it looks like we'll be losing players we don't really want to lose because of this, same as last year and who knows what kind of a mess we'll be in next year. Obviously I'm not happy about watching other teams fill out the rosters and fixing their needs each off season while we stand around watching hoping for some cheap crumbs that we might be able to afford but won't necessarily be of any help..

  8. #488
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    I have no way of knowing who is responsible for handing the cap for the Giants, do they have a person whose only job is finding ways of handling the cap or does it all fall on Jerry Reese. Whoever is responsible for this mess needs to hand over the job to someone else because they obviously aren't doing it well because this team is in cap hell for the second straight year and it looks like we'll be losing players we don't really want to lose because of this, same as last year and who knows what kind of a mess we'll be in next year. Obviously I'm not happy about watching other teams fill out the rosters and fixing their needs each off season while we stand around watching hoping for some cheap crumbs that we might be able to afford but won't necessarily be of any help..
    It's one of the prices you pay for winning championships.

  9. #489
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    It's one of the prices you pay for winning championships.
    I don't think so, the team played like crap this year and we still have to cut guys we need because we have no money again....

  10. #490
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    If Cruz is signed tis year he is getting paid well. He is not playing for cheap because he likes it here. So how exactly will they sign Nicks the next season? Don't forget about JPP and Joseph soon after that.
    What prevents them from signing Nicks assuming they want him in 2014 and beyond?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts