+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people think Cruz is easily replaceable?

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    At first I'd feel a bit:

But that'd quickly move on to:

Eli gifs >

MUCH better.

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    like i said a fair contract. I was thinking a 4 or 5 yr deal @ 6-8 Mil . I like Cruz and i hope we can get a deal reached, but he doesn't deserve Calvin Johnson type money.

As far as the Jets or any other teams go, they wouldn't even know who he was if we didn't bring him into training camp. They only knew about him because of the breakout pre-season game when Rex was drooling
    He deserves whatever the market says he deserves. That's how it works. Will he stay with the Giants for less money? Maybe, but not it it's significantly less over the term of a multi-year contract.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Eli gifs >
    Can you return the wedding dress?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    WTF? He was undrafted, that's just a fact. It's also probable that he would have been cut by most teams in the league, and never made a roster but for one preseason game against the Jets. Cruz has been incredibly fortunate to fall into just the right situation on the Giants. Also, without Hixon's injury in 2011 this could have been a whole different story. And after seeing his performances when Nicks was the walking wounded, it's not a stretch at all to say he's benefited a ton from the system, Eli, and Nicks. I don't think the guy walks on water, and I think his future with some other organization isn't a guaranteed success like a lot of people assume. I think he'd be a fool to leave; but if he does, we'll survive.
    He would have been cut by most teams? You have absolutely no way of knowing that, but after his first preseason, a lot of teams would have gladly taken a chance on him. All we did was scout him and bring him in for a look. He did everything else.

Yes I'm sure undrafted Arian Foster is also a product of his team's system.

Criticise the scouts and evaluators, not the players in question.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Can you return the wedding dress?
    lmao

MUCH better.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Cruz doesn't owe us anything. His past two seasons have put him in the situation to get paid. He has given the Giants way more production than they paid him for. And now it's his turn to do what's best for him. I hope he stays but if the Giants don't give him the best deal, I won't hold it against him if he leaves. It's all business.
    +1

I find it funny when posters urge players to "do the right thing" in contract negotiations (i.e., take less money from the Giants than they can get elsewhere), like they would ever do the same in their own jobs.

This is a business. Any player that treats it otherwise is doing a disservice to himself and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    lmao
    I know it matches your rhinestone cleats, but ......

Nicks is FA next year, and I'm not sure the Giants want to or can pay both Nicks and Cruz. Why not tender Cruz for a 1st and 3rd, let him and Nicks play together next year, and then pick which one to sign?

+ Reply to Thread