+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people think Cruz is easily replaceable?

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...qMvKqFlZLrp39M

Ok I know we have all seen this article before. And I know it just speculates what Cruz will ask for. But if you look again in the middle of the article where it lists the contracts of a few other WR's, all of which Cruz compares to very favorably, you have to think he is going to be looking for similar money. Honestly, if he wasn't then his agent is doing a bad job. Face it, I think they will sign him, but it's going to cost a lot.
    IF he asks for too much than we can handle then they might test him in the FA market, but everything as of right now is speculation.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    IF he asks for too much than we can handle then they might test him in the FA market, but everything as of right now is speculation.
    Agreed total speculation. But his agent is def gonna say look at all these other WR's. you are better than most of them. You deserve to get paid at least what their making. Then Victor can say yeah you're right, or he can say "I don't care, just make sure I'm a Giant!"

What do you think he will do?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Top 15 in yards. Top 10 in catches. Top 10 in TD's.The math is what it is. If you consider that there are at least 64 starting WR's in the NFL (and there are more) that makes his season WELL above average.
    Yes Victor Cruz had an average season for a top tier wide reciever. Yes he did have decent stats. However, those stats must be put in perspective just like folks do with Eli Manning. The same as Eli Manning, Victor Cruz' stats were very misleading. He played horribly in key situations and was short arming it for 4 games after the Ryan Clark hit, which was a legal hit. Victor Cruz was near the top for dropped passes by WRs in NFL in 2012. Some of those drops were in critical situations. Victors performance this season was on par with Elis.Victor will not get Larry Fitz or MegaTron money. However, I expe t him to get between 5-6 million per seaaon and I hope we are able to keep him.

Agreed total speculation. But his agent is def gonna say look at all these other WR's. you are better than most of them. You deserve to get paid at least what their making. Then Victor can say yeah you're right, or he can say "I don't care, just make sure I'm a Giant!"What do you think he will do?
    I don't know what he will do. He really likes the Giants, and if he likes them that much then I can see 4-5 million a year, not too shabby.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

I don't know what he will do. He really likes the Giants, and if he likes them that much then I can see 4-5 million a year, not too shabby.
    Honestly I hope you're right. I really do. But he could probably get almost double that on the open market. That's a pretty big hometown discount.

Honestly I hope you're right. I really do. But he could probably get almost double that on the open market. That's a pretty big hometown discount.
    I understand, and it's up to how he feels. If he wants to stay with the Giants or go where the money calls.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

All-Pro
    So if he can get 6-7 million a year he might stay here for less because he likes it hear? Not likely but one can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    So if he can get 6-7 million a year he might stay here for less because he likes it hear? Not likely but one can dream.
    I'm just going by what he said. Larry Fitzgerald sign an extension with Arizona because he liked it there, he could of went to another team..a better team. It's likely, but nobody knows.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

All-Pro
    I'm just going by what he said. Larry Fitzgerald sign an extension with Arizona because he liked it there, he could of went to another team..a better team. It's likely, but nobody knows.
    Yeah, but he also got paid. Relax, Cruz will most likely stay with the Giants but that will be because they took care of him. Now as far as Nicks next year that might be another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Yeah, but he also got paid. Relax, Cruz will most likely stay with the Giants but that will be because they took care of him. Now as far as Nicks next year that might be another story.
    Other teams wouldn't pay for Fitzgerald? Ha.

And I'm perfectly calm lol.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

+ Reply to Thread