+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people think Cruz is easily replaceable?

All-Pro
    You make it sound like he is not making a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    You make it sound like he is not making a lot.
    I'm saying I'm sure other teams would pay a lot to get a Fitzgerald.

Please support.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I'm saying I'm sure other teams would pay a lot to get a Fitzgerald.
    Sure, but it was easier for him to do what he did because at one time he did get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I don't know what he will do. He really likes the Giants, and if he likes them that much then I can see 4-5 million a year, not too shabby.
    No one knows, but the franchise tag for a WR in 2012 will be $10M+ and the transition tag $8+M. If Reese can't get between $6 and $7, I am pretty sure another team will make us look uninterested and unaware of the market value. Reese is neither of those so the CAP would be the villain.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-29-2013 at 08:05 AM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    No one knows, but the franchise tag for a WR in 2012 will be $10M+ and the transition tag $8+M. If Reese can't get between $6 and $7 I am pretty sure another team will make us look uninterested and unaware of the market value. Reese is neither of those so the CAP would be the villain.
    This is why I was saying in the other thread if hey signed Cruz they would have to par ways with Nicks. How are they going to keep two WR's that will be getting big time offers? Then the following year they will need to worry about JPP and Joseph.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-29-2013 at 08:06 AM.

This is why I was saying in the other thread if hey signed Cruz they would have to par ways with Nicks. How are they going to keep two WR's that will be getting big time offers?
    With the way the contracts are structured, perhaps. They won't each have to count for $7-$10 million per year. They could alternate.

Or, assuming Nicks gets offered a longer deal, the bulk of his contract could count once Cruz's one comes to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    With the way the contracts are structured, perhaps. They won't each have to count for $7-$10 million per year. They could alternate.

Or, assuming Nicks gets offered a longer deal, the bulk of his contract could count once Cruz's one comes to an end.
    I believe the key will be guaranteed money and term of the contract, not the actual dollars.

If Nicks were to extend after his subpar 2012 before Cruz is made an offer, that might mean Cruz is shown the door. It would also likely mean they will low ball Nicks, re-sign Hixon and hope for Randle to step up.

Nicks has to play here next year, Cruz doesn't. I think that would be an unwise strategy, but only time will tell.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

This is why I was saying in the other thread if hey signed Cruz they would have to par ways with Nicks. How are they going to keep two WR's that will be getting big time offers? Then the following year they will need to worry about JPP and Joseph.
    They deal with the players they have to deal with and then they do the same things next year. No one knows for certain who will be an issue until we get there. How gets injured in 2013? Who ends up on IR in 2013? Who to they release before the 2013 season even begins?

If Cruz is just average, they should release him and not even make an offer. We already have average Hixon and Randle.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    They deal with the players they have to deal with and then they do the same things next year. No one knows for certain who will be an issue until we get there. How gets injured in 2013? Who ends up on IR in 2013? Who to they release before the 2013 season even begins?If Cruz is just average, they should release him and not even make an offer. We already have average Hixon and Randle.
    Who said he was average?

Who said he was average?
    You said it. That's how you described him all day yesterday.

+ Reply to Thread