+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people think Cruz is easily replaceable?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    This is why I was saying in the other thread if hey signed Cruz they would have to par ways with Nicks. How are they going to keep two WR's that will be getting big time offers? Then the following year they will need to worry about JPP and Joseph.
    This years draft will be huge. I expect DT and DEs. Cofield, while being a much better player then Joseph, Joseph will still command a hefty salary. I doubt he stays a Giant. JPP will break the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Those are the stats I have been looking at. For example someone who has very similar numbers in all 3 of those categories this year is Mike Williams out of Tampa or Crabtree. I think both of those guys are good receivers however I don't consider them to be the creme of the crop. Don't get me wrong, I love Cruz, I just don't think the world is going to come crashing down if he somehow doesn't come back next year unlike some of the chicken little's on this board.
    +1.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You said it. That's how you described him all day yesterday.
    No, I said his stats this year where average.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    This years draft will be huge. I expect DT and DEs. Cofield, while being a much better player then Joseph, Joseph will still command a hefty salary. I doubt he stays a Giant. JPP will break the bank.
    Wasn't Joseph ranked much higher than Cofield last year?

If Cruz is signed tis year he is getting paid well. He is not playing for cheap because he likes it here. So how exactly will they sign Nicks the next season? Don't forget about JPP and Joseph soon after that.
    What prevents them from signing Nicks assuming they want him in 2014 and beyond?
    There's a reason why there are very few teams that have 2 high priced WRs. It just doesn't make sense to have that much locked up at one position. Having to resign JPP, Nicks, Cruz, and then Eli. That an enormous chunk of our cap invested into 4 players. People were complaining about our oline and linebackers let alone the rest of the dline. We'll have no money left. We'll have to hope that we come up with really really great drafts. If we don't, then we'll turn into the Jets with a handful of players eating up all their cap space.

Edit: Theoretically, say if Nicks/Cruz command top dollar. I might very well be cool with sacrificing one of them for 2 really good olinemen or 1 stud LT. I know we all love our potent WR group, but I think we may benefit more from a more sturdy ofline that we can run/protect Eli with.

No, I said his stats this year where average.
    C'mon Buddy. Man up and admit it.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    C'mon Buddy. Man up and admit it.
    Admit what?

+1.
    did you check out the video? Ill post it again. This is for all the people who think cruz is limited to only making plays when he has separation, or thinking cruz isnt tough.

Toughness. The ability to make a catch in traffic with guys draped all over him.
    No more talking. im just going to let the tape speak for itself. Then listen to the excuses.

1. watch from 0.40 seconds to 0.50 seconds.
    2. watch from 1:16 to 1:25
    3. watch from 1:35 to 1:40
    4. watch from 2:39 to 2:43
    5. watch from 3:10 to 3:20 ( this one is my favorite)
    6. As a matter a fact go to 3:25. Cruz is not even lined up in the slot. hes wide left in the eye formation and lined up 1v1 against tramon Williams (one of the better corners in this league)

There are more plays like those from cruz which arent in this video. For example

Cruz is more than just a traditional slot receiver. he is a hybrid who can also be effective lined up on the outside and he can go up and get the ball at its highest point.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 01-29-2013 at 09:45 AM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

The Colts did it with Harrison and Wayne; I can see the other Manning keeping his high-priced toys as well.

If Cruz is signed tis year he is getting paid well. He is not playing for cheap because he likes it here. So how exactly will they sign Nicks the next season? Don't forget about JPP and Joseph soon after that.
    What prevents them from signing Nicks assuming they want him in 2014 and beyond?
    There's a reason why there are very few teams that have 2 high priced WRs. It just doesn't make sense to have that much locked up at one position. Having to resign JPP, Nicks, Cruz, and then Eli. That an enormous chunk of our cap invested into 4 players. People were complaining about our oline and linebackers let alone the rest of the dline. We'll have no money left. We'll have to hope that we come up with really really great drafts. If we don't, then we'll turn into the Jets with a handful of players eating up all their cap space.

Edit: Theoretically, say if Nicks/Cruz command top dollar. I might very well be cool with sacrificing one of them for 2 really good olinemen or 1 stud LT. I know we all love our potent WR group, but I think we may benefit more from a more sturdy ofline that we can run/protect Eli with.
    You sure about that? When they re-signed Wayne, they let Harrison walk. They didn't re-sign both of them.

+ Reply to Thread