+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
    They signed Harrison in 2004, and Wayne in 2006. Harrison left after 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Admit what?
    That you were suggesting that Cruz was average.
    (The rationalization that saying that his productivity is average but that doesn't mean your saying HE is average is a reach at best.)
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    There's a reason why there are very few teams that have 2 high priced WRs. It just doesn't make sense to have that much locked up at one position. Having to resign JPP, Nicks, Cruz, and then Eli. That an enormous chunk of our cap invested into 4 players. People were complaining about our oline and linebackers let alone the rest of the dline. We'll have no money left. We'll have to hope that we come up with really really great drafts. If we don't, then we'll turn into the Jets with a handful of players eating up all their cap space.

Edit: Theoretically, say if Nicks/Cruz command top dollar. I might very well be cool with sacrificing one of them for 2 really good olinemen or 1 stud LT. I know we all love our potent WR group, but I think we may benefit more from a more sturdy ofline that we can run/protect Eli with.
    I agree. Reese drafted Randle last year because he saw the day coming where either Nicks or Cruz might have to go.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    That you were suggesting that Cruz was average.(The rationalization that saying that his productivity is average but that doesn't mean your saying HE is average is a reach at best.)
    So because he had an average season he is average? Why is that?

So because he had an average season he is average? Why is that?
    OK.......Go ahead and stick with that rap.

I tried to appeal to your better angels and failed.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    OK.......Go ahead and stick with that rap.I tried to appeal to your better angels and failed.
    What was so special about his season? Ok, he did have a great game against Tampa and Washington. The rest of the season was fine. Just not spectacular. I said he was solid this year.

No, I said his stats this year where average.
    LOL
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

So is he a great receiver who had an "average" year? Or an average receiver who had an average year?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    So is he a great receiver who had an "average" year? Or an average receiver who had an average year?
    I question the judgement of one who looks at Cruz play and says he's average. If he leaves, it'll suck, but we'll trudge on without him. Luckily, if it does happen, it'd happen before the draft so we could possibly look to this year's WRs for some sort of relief.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    With a two year sample he is a good WR. Last year was incredible and this year was good. He had a solid year.