+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people think Cruz is easily replaceable?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    did you check out the video? Ill post it again. This is for all the people who think cruz is limited to only making plays when he has separation, or thinking cruz isnt tough.

No more talking. im just going to let the tape speak for itself. Then listen to the excuses.

1. watch from 0.40 seconds to 0.50 seconds.
    2. watch from 1:16 to 1:25
    3. watch from 1:35 to 1:40
    4. watch from 2:39 to 2:43
    5. watch from 3:10 to 3:20 ( this one is my favorite)
    6. As a matter a fact go to 3:25. Cruz is not even lined up in the slot. hes wide left in the eye formation and lined up 1v1 against tramon Williams (one of the better corners in this league)

There are more plays like those from cruz which arent in this video. For example

Cruz is more than just a traditional slot receiver. he is a hybrid who can also be effective lined up on the outside and he can go up and get the ball at its highest point.
    Victor Cruz is a Great WR. He has a tremendous season for any WR in 2011. In 2012, he had an average season for a great WR. His stats, like Eliís did mask some inconsistent play in 2012 but he is still a great WR and he will still get paid great WR money, hopefully by NY Giants.

Before you ask, no I do not think that Victor Cruzí inconsistent play effected our team as much as Eliís did in 2012. Victor made some key drops but in the end, the strongest impact on why we didnít make the playoffs was on Eli. They will both be back to 2011 form, I am confident about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Victor Cruz is a Great WR. He has a tremendous season for any WR in 2011. In 2012, he had an average season for a great WR. His stats, like Eliís did mask some inconsistent play in 2012 but he is still a great WR and he will still get paid great WR money, hopefully by NY Giants.Before you ask, no I do not think that Victor Cruzí inconsistent play effected our team as much as Eliís did in 2012. Victor made some key drops but in the end, the strongest impact on why we didnít make the playoffs was on Eli. They will both be back to 2011 form, I am confident about it.
    What does Eli have to do with this conversation?

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    . The same as Eli Manning, Victor Cruz' stats were very misleading. He played horribly in key situations and was short arming it for 4 games after the Ryan Clark hit, which was a legal hit. Victor Cruz was near the top for dropped passes by WRs in NFL in 2012.
    Some of the drops were inexcusable and occurred on short balls when he was wide open. It often looks like Cruz tries to make moves before he catches the ball which in turn leads to drops but a higher chance of YAC. Calvin Johnson was also near the lead league in drops.

The only other play I can think of Cruz "short arming" a ball was against Atlanta when it was clear the safety was head hunting. The safety got flagged for a personal foul. The play ended up being one of the biggest of the day for the Giants. Hats off to Cruz for being intelligent enough in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    True, but his cap hit will be like 20 million next year.
    And we have to deal with it every year through 2015
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by dakotajoe View Post
    Some of the drops were inexcusable and occurred on short balls when he was wide open. It often looks like Cruz tries to make moves before he catches the ball which in turn leads to drops but a higher chance of YAC. Calvin Johnson was also near the lead league in drops.The only other play I can think of Cruz "short arming" a ball was against Atlanta when it was clear the safety was head hunting. The safety got flagged for a personal foul. The play ended up being one of the biggest of the day for the Giants. Hats off to Cruz for being intelligent enough in that case.
    That is probably the only thing that really frustrates me about him. WIDEEE open and -drop-

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    That is probably the only thing that really frustrates me about him. WIDEEE open and -drop-
    Wait till you see your ring, then came back
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Issue 1 with the cap: We have a lot of players on their second or third contracts. Those tend to be more expensive.

Issue 2: When the majority of the aforementioned contracts were handed out the projected cap for these past few years was I believe somewhere in the ball park of $10m-$20m higher than the current CBA allows. If that were the case, we'd be well below the cap right now.

Issue 3: We won a SB in '07 and '11, that elevates the value of player contracts (Webster, Snee, Diehl, Tuck, etc.).

Issue 4: We overpaid in FA for a few players at positions of need. Unfortunately, that's what happens in FA. We needed a safety in '09 so paid through the nose for Rolle. We needed a center, so paid through the nose for Baas, etc. Now, I don't know exactly what role JR has in the contract negotiations or player selection (recently departed Gettleman was in charge of pro-player scouting), but all the blame cannot be placed on him for those contracts.

Issue 5: Probably the biggest issue we have regarding the cap is that a good number of the players on large contracts are at the end of those contracts (the big money years usually) AND have underperformed their contracts the past season or so. If we were amping up for another SB, would you be *****ing about it so much?
    I wouldn't exactly call what I'm doing *****ing but more politely its just griping about something I'm not happy with because we're so close to being right back up at the top and because of this cap situation it may be out of our reach if we have to release guys who can help because of this stupid cap thing each year..

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Wait till you see your ring, then came back
    He dropped that too! NOW WE ARE NEVER GETTING MARRIED!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    The Colts did it with Harrison and Wayne; I can see the other Manning keeping his high-priced toys as well.
    can't compare this FE. The Colts drafted Reggie in 2001 and his first two years were little action. He was in starting lineup for first time in 2003. That was when Harrison signed his last four year deal. Reggie didn't come up for contract until 2006 and he got a six year deal for the big bucks. In Giants situation you are talking about signing two big deals within one year of each other. I don't see how it can be done unless Victor makes it get done because he wants to stay with the Giants

Veteran
    that being said, my gut tells me that Victor will understand the situation and make every effort to negotiate a contract to fit within the cap and keep him as a long term Giant. I just think he'll do that because this is where he's from and I think he wants to stay here. He impresses me as that sort of person.

+ Reply to Thread