+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    If he goes he won't have the same success as with the Giants. He fits right into the system and QB. Look at Steve Smith as a rookie. Since he left he has not been the same. Cruz will get a big pay day but not the success and after a year or 2 the team will realize he's not worth the money.
    Good teams win games, Great teams cover the spread!

Reuben Randle in his limited playing time this year had stats that were actually better than 2011 Mario Manningham. Randle hit for 3 TD, Manningham had 4 playing all 2011. Randle's YPC was 15.7 vs. Manningham's 13.4. Manningham had more raw yardage; but he played a heck of a lot more.

If we'd have lost the NFC championship game on 2011, Manningham would have been run out of town on a rail for dropping a sure touchdown pass late in the game. As it turned out we still won that game, and Manningham became a great player in people's minds for his Super Bowl catch. The reality is that Maningham didn't play to level of his legend.

I'm excited to see the Nicks-Randle combination in 2013. If Cruz is there, all the better; but I have a feeling that Reuben Randle may be a bright enough star in the Giants future that they may have to pass on Cruz if the money gets too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Spytheweb View Post
    If he goes he won't have the same success as with the Giants. He fits right into the system and QB. Look at Steve Smith as a rookie. Since he left he has not been the same. Cruz will get a big pay day but not the success and after a year or 2 the team will realize he's not worth the money.
    You have no way of knowing this. The guy obviously has the talent, so what makes you think he cant succeed anywhere else? He has an incredible knack of getting open, and has made some very tough catches in some very tricky spots. That kind of thing cant be taught.

It simply cannot happen. We would survive but I see no reason why we wouldn't sign him. We have overpaid guys like Canty and Rolle who I would gladly cut way before I said I could not resign Cruz for whatever the hell he wanted. Same with Nicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    You are deluding yourself if you think otherwise. Barden and Jernigan, who are both UFA's now, have proven absolutely nothing in their time here.
    Jernigan is not a free agent until 2015...he signed a 4 year deal in 2011. He just finished his second season, and the first he barely haad any ota's and a shortened training camp. I think this kid could help the team, he just hasn't had much of a chance to play with a very good Cruz in front of him at the slot position.

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    Jernigan is not a free agent until 2015...he signed a 4 year deal in 2011. He just finished his second season, and the first he barely haad any ota's and a shortened training camp. I think this kid could help the team, he just hasn't had much of a chance to play with a very good Cruz in front of him at the slot position.
    What has Jernigan showed you so far to make you think so?

I stand corrected. However, what I have seen of him, limited or not, has not impressed me. The guy is a healthy scratch 90% of the time, and he couldn't even beat out Ramses Barden on a few occasions. You may be right in that with a chance, he could be something worthwhile as a WR, but I have yet to see even a slight glimpse of it.

It hasn't happened yet with Jernigan, although it could in the future. There is no one on our roster who can replace Cruz and bringing someone in starts the Eli chemistry clock at 00. Better to sign him than any of the alternatives.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    Reuben Randle in his limited playing time this year had stats that were actually better than 2011 Mario Manningham. Randle hit for 3 TD, Manningham had 4 playing all 2011. Randle's YPC was 15.7 vs. Manningham's 13.4. Manningham had more raw yardage; but he played a heck of a lot more.

If we'd have lost the NFC championship game on 2011, Manningham would have been run out of town on a rail for dropping a sure touchdown pass late in the game. As it turned out we still won that game, and Manningham became a great player in people's minds for his Super Bowl catch. The reality is that Maningham didn't play to level of his legend.

I'm excited to see the Nicks-Randle combination in 2013. If Cruz is there, all the better; but I have a feeling that Reuben Randle may be a bright enough star in the Giants future that they may have to pass on Cruz if the money gets too high.
    Randle hasn't shown enough to think he can replace Cruz just yet.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Spytheweb View Post
    Crabtree, Steve Smith, Eric Decker, Julio Jones, Lance Moore, Steve Johnson. These are all receivers within 100 yards higher or lower then Cruz's output this year.

You don't think he could go to these respective teams and do the same if not better than these guys?Say for instance the Pats decide to part ways w Welker and fill his slot with Cruz. You don't think he'd match the output he had with the Giants?

I think Cruz can go anywhere and put up about 1,000 yards with a middling qb.