+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Mara Won't Rule Out Osi Umenyiora's Return To Giants

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...turn-to-giants

Excerpt: "Has Osi Umenyiora played his final game as a member of the New York Giants? Team co-owner John Mara isn't willing to say so. At least publicly.

"I don't know about that," Mara said, according to ESPNNewYork.com. "We'll see what happens. I would love to have him back. He's been a great player for us. He's a great guy. He's been a huge part of our two Super Bowl wins, but there are economic considerations and we'll just have to see what happens."

After the Giants' season ended, Umenyiora told a New York radio station he believed it was "time to move on."
    "I've earned the right to be a free agent," Umenyiora said. "It's been 10 years. I signed a seven-year deal, and they made me play out all seven of those years. If they wanted me back, I think something would have been done before now." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Comer on John....no need to be that PC......
    Thats now 6 and 2 season ago........time to move on.....thanks Osi....good luck
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

no0o

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

i believe Osi would have a better season in 2013 on this squad, if he were to re-sign, than Tuck will. I don't have faith in Tuck!

Veteran
    There are many good DEs in this year's draft, If Osi returns would we still draft a DE?

Too many so called fans Hating on Osi.. He only came off the bench and had just as many sacks as JPP.. We need the depth if he comes at a good price.

I told you, Jerry Reese and this organiation LOVE Osi.

I hope he's back at the right price. He's a phenomenal player. Osi, JPP and a motivated Tuck with some improved DT play. We can do some things...
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

If he's willing to come back on a back-up level contract, he'll be a great signing. If he is still demanding top 10 DE $$, he should walk.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    There are many good DEs in this year's draft, If Osi returns would we still draft a DE?
    Sigh* " I forsee 10 pages of anger/hate in this thread." Guess I will try for the last time ey?
    To answer your Question Yes they would.
    The question falls this way Do you sign a player (Osi) to his final contract whose injuries have limited him less than sign a player a year later who's injuries have dramatically affected his play and drive? (Tuck)

If anyone on here is Okay with tuck going forward as the leader of that unit to coach up the younger guys then I want to know what your smoking, so I can try it in 17 years.

If we are to retain one of them I would rather Osi than tuck cause Tuck started all season and did nothing Osi rotated in on certain down and distances and still did better. I understand whoever you are are going to rebuttal with "Osi can't play the run rah! rah!" which is fine cause if we had an instinctual Sam or a faster Mike the runs to Osi side would be picked up. {See. carolina Linebacking unit attack the outside runs, Keuchly especially.}

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    Sigh* " I forsee 10 pages of anger/hate in this thread." Guess I will try for the last time ey?
    To answer your Question Yes they would.
    The question falls this way Do you sign a player (Osi) to his final contract whose injuries have limited him less than sign a player a year later who's injuries have dramatically affected his play and drive? (Tuck)

If anyone on here is Okay with tuck going forward as the leader of that unit to coach up the younger guys then I want to know what your smoking, so I can try it in 17 years.

If we are to retain one of them I would rather Osi than tuck cause Tuck started all season and did nothing Osi rotated in on certain down and distances and still did better. I understand whoever you are are going to rebuttal with "Osi can't play the run rah! rah!" which is fine cause if we had an instinctual Sam or a faster Mike the runs to Osi side would be picked up. {See. carolina Linebacking unit attack the outside runs, Keuchly especially.}
    time to part ways with tuck and osi if we could, but we cant., this guy will not sign cheap.