+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Traina with her thoughts after studying cap situation - she knows her stuff

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    So you'd like us to cut Rolle?
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    I'd be content with 3 of those things happening.

1) Michael Boley being cut in favor of Jacquan Williams, and Keith Rivers taking over.. but who will be SAM? My guess if they draft a MLB during the draft, Rivers and Williams will be on the outside.. not bad IMO
    I think Jwill would be great at weak LB, and rivers at strong LB. In the middle we might take ogletree in the first if he falls to us, but otherwise, i'm still okay with Blackburn for ONE more year IF we draft a guy late to develop. Most of our running defense woes was that you could basically bounce off-tackle to Osi's side and gain an instant first down...

2) Tynes being cut.. Dear god, wherever will be find another FG kicker that can't make a kick outside 50?
    Don't really have strong feelings either way.

3) Beatty getting franchised, that means they want him to stay and become a lockdown LT.. Pay the man, all the money we're paying two average linemen (Diehl, Snee) comes off the books in the next two years anyway
    Not franchise, we need Beatty locked up with a 5+ year deal.

However, as I've said many times.. If Diehl is on this roster next year, Tom Coughlin will find a way to put him in the lineup and stunt the growth of younger lineman. Cut him, bring back Locklear and hope for the best with Brewer, because he can't be any worse than Diehl.
    I hope Locklear can be ready to play week 1. That would be great. Doubt it, but it would be great.

Rolle, and Webster should be cut but I doubt that happens.
    I think we should cut webster than then offer him a take it or leave it vet min contract. The total cap hit for cutting him + a new vet min deal is about 4 million, compared to the 7 million he is due in his existing contract.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Veteran
    So you'd like us to cut Rolle?
    Yes. Rolle is the most overpaid player on this team. He is TERRIBLE in pass coverage.. If theres blown coverage with a corner expecting safety help, chances are it's Rolle. I'd pay Kenny Phillips, and coach up two very good potential safeties in Will Hill and Stevie Brown.

Rolle is due to make 9 mill next years, that is insane...

Remember if they lose Diehl, they need to replace him with equal talent for less money or better quality for the same money. They can probably do that but not easily.
    I think the FA OT class this year is deep. We should definitely find a good value thats better than Diehl considering he is the worst tackle in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    Rolle is due to make 9 mill next years, that is insane...
    Why is it insane? His contract counts for that much because of the restructure it underwent in 2011. It has nothing to do with Rolle's "worth".

All-Pro
    There has to be a FA RT out there that is better than Diehl and won't make near what he is due this year.

Starter
    Kenny Phillips becomes expendable if they retain Brown and why wouldn't they. The 3-safety package isn't a must-have, IMO and they can live to tell about it also without Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    There has to be a FA RT out there that is better than Diehl and won't make near what he is due this year.
    Kareem McKenzie?

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Kareem McKenzie?
    I have to admit, I legit rofled at that...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Interesting, will be interesting to watch how things play out!

+ Reply to Thread