+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Traina with her thoughts after studying cap situation - she knows her stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I'll trust her analysis of his play over the posters here.
    It's not exactly uncommon knowledge that Rolle was pretty bad outside of a few plays against the run.

Michael Boley - Seems that Coughlin and crew are done with him judging by the way he was handled at the end of this season. My magic 8 ball says he's a goner.

David Diehl - Cut. Take the cap hit and sign him for vet minimum. He's a mope but will suffice as depth. Nobody else would have this mope.

Will Beatty - Giants will try to get him on a reasonable deal. He's not exactly God's gift of Left Tackle like he is sometimes painted on these boards. above average, but often injured. Promising enough to get a better deal from another team.

Kenny Phillips - Agree that he might be offered a T2 kind of deal from the Giants as someone mentioned. He is above average, but often injured. Will he get a huge deal from other teams?

Marty Bennett - I love a guy who is vocal about his commitment to the Giants. I hope he is re-signed. 3 million per year is more than reasonable for Bennett.

Keith Rivers - Agree with PT, we have to take another chance on this guy. Should come cheap anyways.

Tynes - He will be missed but Traina is probably spot on.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShouldersOf View Post
    Yet we all saw the Ravens game and Bradshaw's horrid show of blocking,Likewise he had missed multiple blocks all year and didn't look as clean in protection as he had before, that is not saying he is not rated high in protection, that is saying he has been affected by injuries and lack of practice, and that wont change anytime soon, in fact it will deteriorate further
    Absolutely false. Towards the end of the year when Bradshaw started to really wear down, yeah his pass blocking wasn't great. However he is one of the best RBs in the league in pass protection and is leaps and bounds better than any other RB on our roster when it comes to pass protection. I also don't see Bradshaw deteriorating further this year than last considering he will get less of the load.

I follow Patricia Traina on Twitter, she definitely knows her stuff.

Good Read.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Rolle should probably be their first cut.
    Why would you want to cut the vocal leader of our Defense?

Restructure? Yes Cut? No

Rolle is too valuable to our Defense.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    It's not exactly uncommon knowledge that Rolle was pretty bad outside of a few plays against the run.
    And I'd have to say that most people don't know what the hell they're talking about most of the time, especially when analyzing the play of a guy that has had to play out of position for the better part of two seasons. I don't think he's played at an elite level, but he hasn't been nearly as bad as most you guys here make it seem.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Then this is even funnier. Lol. This is the first time I looked at this thread since I posted this.
    LOL, it is one of those things that is visual and you either get it immediately or miss it. I can see how when you're typing, it totally escapes you. So, exactly how do you feel about Diehl?
    No one remembers who came in second.

And I'd have to say that most people don't know what the hell they're talking about most of the time, especially when analyzing the play of a guy that has had to play out of position for the better part of two seasons. I don't think he's played at an elite level, but he hasn't been nearly as bad as most you guys here make it seem.
    Look, I like Rolle. But to say he played well isn't very true. The whole playing out of position thing doesn't really fly because he was so poor in coverage no matter where he was placed. Not saying he completely sucks as a player, but he's the worst safety on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Look, I like Rolle. But to say he played well isn't very true. The whole playing out of position thing doesn't really fly because he was so poor in coverage no matter where he was placed. Not saying he completely sucks as a player, but he's the worst safety on this team.
    Stevie Brown, despite his interceptions, is not better than Rolle. Nor is Will Hill.

I'll trust her analysis of his play over the posters here.
    There are very informed posters on this board who watch the coaches film...he is a liability in pass coverage, and take terrible angles. As a safety, those are two pretty bad things to have going against you. He blew a lot of coverage this year. He's vocal, and he's a good athlete, that's about it.

+ Reply to Thread