+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Traina with her thoughts after studying cap situation - she knows her stuff

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    I hope to God she's wrong about Diehl....... if he comes back for anything more than the vet min that's ridiculous. We have SO MANY other pressing needs & FA's that money needs to go towards.
    It's simply impossible for Diehl to count for vet min, he has too much guaranteed money on his contract.

I'm very OK with letting Lawerence Tynes go.. I've always said, i just don't trust em, and he can always miss a makable FG and seems to just make alot of easy ones as well, and is terrible from deep, where i think is the only area u can really tell the diffrence from a Good kicker and a Kicker that makes only what just about every NFL kicker should make..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Right, but how often is that? We can't keep throwing money at guys like KP and TT who can not stay healthy. I don't think its a good idea to give KP a huge contract.
    Then offer him a contract that is heavily incentive laden. An incentive laden contract based on playing time would be perfect.

It would be great if Rivers could put together an injury free season. He was the most explosive linebacker to wear blue in a while.
    warm salsa

Veteran
    I'd be content with 3 of those things happening.

1) Michael Boley being cut in favor of Jacquan Williams, and Keith Rivers taking over.. but who will be SAM? My guess if they draft a MLB during the draft, Rivers and Williams will be on the outside.. not bad IMO

2) Tynes being cut.. Dear god, wherever will be find another FG kicker that can't make a kick outside 50?

3) Beatty getting franchised, that means they want him to stay and become a lockdown LT.. Pay the man, all the money we're paying two average linemen (Diehl, Snee) comes off the books in the next two years anyway

However, as I've said many times.. If Diehl is on this roster next year, Tom Coughlin will find a way to put him in the lineup and stunt the growth of younger lineman. Cut him, bring back Locklear and hope for the best with Brewer, because he can't be any worse than Diehl.

Rolle, and Webster should be cut but I doubt that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    It would be great if Rivers could put together an injury free season. He was the most explosive linebacker to wear blue in a while.
    i agree. remember when he pushed the guys trying to block him back into the ball carrier and it caused a fumble? that was sweet

Kp is gone unless he takes a contract like tt did last year with injury clause etc to re-establish his value I won't be shockd if Philly picks him up or Dallas they need safetys bad

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    I hope to God she's wrong about Diehl....... if he comes back for anything more than the vet min that's ridiculous. We have SO MANY other pressing needs & FA's that money needs to go towards.

Also Bradshaw..... If they pay him that much money that's also absurd.

I really hope Tynes is back.... guy is so reliable just not from 50+
    Remember if they lose Diehl, they need to replace him with equal talent for less money or better quality for the same money. They can probably do that but not easily.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    I'd be content with 3 of those things happening.

1) Michael Boley being cut in favor of Jacquan Williams, and Keith Rivers taking over.. but who will be SAM? My guess if they draft a MLB during the draft, Rivers and Williams will be on the outside.. not bad IMO

2) Tynes being cut.. Dear god, wherever will be find another FG kicker that can't make a kick outside 50?

3) Beatty getting franchised, that means they want him to stay and become a lockdown LT.. Pay the man, all the money we're paying two average linemen (Diehl, Snee) comes off the books in the next two years anyway

However, as I've said many times.. If Diehl is on this roster next year, Tom Coughlin will find a way to put him in the lineup and stunt the growth of younger lineman. Cut him, bring back Locklear and hope for the best with Brewer, because he can't be any worse than Diehl.

Rolle, and Webster should be cut but I doubt that happens.
    So you'd like us to cut Rolle?
    No one remembers who came in second.

All-Pro
    For all those that want Bradshaw off this team don't count on it. Yeah he makes good money. That's because he is worth it. The injuries are something they can only hope don't happen, but when he plays he is very good. Also, and so many hate to hear his, he is an excellent blocker. That is something that Brown, Scott, and Wilson can not say. Do you think the team will not have at least one good blocking back on the team? Hill is the future at Safety for this team. I think he can fill the role of KP when he is one which may be this year.

+ Reply to Thread