+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Pat Traina with her thoughts after studying cap situation - she knows her stuff

Banned
    Brown was toasted in coverage plenty of times last year, and Will Hill hasn't played enough to say one way or another.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Brown was toasted in coverage plenty of times last year, and Will Hill hasn't played enough to say one way or another.
    Well they both make a lot less than Rolle and he gets toasted plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Not even close to as many times as Rolle was. Almost every game AR was getting burned. Hill played very well in coverage at safety.

I think the biggest problem we had at safety last year was blowing coverages and just plain being out of position, getting beat is one thing but being in the wrong place for the coverage is unacceptable...

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    I think the biggest problem we had at safety last year was blowing coverages and just plain being out of position, getting beat is one thing but being in the wrong place for the coverage is unacceptable...
    With the amount that that has happened over the past few years, I tend to lay the blame for that on Fewell. If after 3 years veteran players are still having the same type of communication problems, then I tend to think that it has more to do with the coaching/play design than it being on the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    With the amount that that has happened over the past few years, I tend to lay the blame for that on Fewell. If after 3 years veteran players are still having the same type of communication problems, then I tend to think that it has more to do with the coaching/play design than it being on the players.
    I seem to remember the same thing being said by the players when Tim Lewis was DC here, they said the plays weren't being communicated properly and too many times the guys weren't sure of their coverages and I see this same thing here right now...

Right off the bat I can tell you she doesnt know what she is talking about.

When she makes it sound like the players are being asked to restructure as if they are giving up money. Restructuring turns non-guaranteed base salary into up front guaranteed money. Why would a player not want to do that?

A restructure is completely and totally in a players favor.

If she means to ask them to take a pay cut, then say that. But a restructure is not a pay cut, at all, its the opposite.

Veteran
    restructure is a restructure - it can go up or down in player's favor

Quote Originally Posted by pathas View Post
    restructure is a restructure - it can go up or down in player's favor
    Nope, it only goes up in the player's favour. Non-guaranteed money becomes guaranteed.

Veteran
    a player can defer a portion of his non guaranteed salary to a future year without changing what guaranteed money he has coming from the signing bonus - which is the only thing that's guaranteed, I believe. But maybe I am wrong about this. I think Brady did that last year.

+ Reply to Thread